Swedish army medic lk rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
That looks interesting. Ive recently got a hankering after well built, surplus external frame rucksacks. Whats special about that one then? Is it rare? A good price? What?

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Rare, good price and well made.
Buy this and fit the pack off the LK35 good internal storage and external space for bedroll.
Comfy as long as your not too wide as the frame can pinch.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Rare, good price and well made.
Buy this and fit the pack off the LK35 good internal storage and external space for bedroll.
Comfy as long as your not too wide as the frame can pinch.

I may be getting this wrong, but looking at the pictures it seems that the LK35, LK70, the fabled LK50 and now the Medic LK, are all different canvas work on the same frame.

Is this the case, and if it isn't, are there any images showing the different frames side by side for comparison?

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I may be getting this wrong, but looking at the pictures it seems that the LK35, LK70, the fabled LK50 and now the Medic LK, are all different canvas work on the same frame.

Is this the case, and if it isn't, are there any images showing the different frames side by side for comparison?

I am led to believe that the frame of the lk70 and the lk35 are different sizes.

Having (at least three) Sam might be in a better position to confirm ... BUT ... I've had a 50* and a 70 and, the frames, back to back were different dimensions. Not that much different but certainly enough to become obvious when viewed side by side. That said it is possible that the size of pack frames could have changed or varied over time or by manufacture :dunno: . I should have some pictures somewhere ... :eek:

* There is some disussion about whether the 50 actually exists. I've seen 35 packs and they're definitely a bit smaller than mine was ~ and it doesn't take much of a dimensional increase to create an additional 15L ;)

Having (at least three) Sam might be in a better position to confirm ... BUT ... I've had a 50* and a 70 and, the frames, back to back were different dimensions. Not that much different but certainly enough to become obvious when viewed side by side. That said it is possible that the size of pack frames could have changed or varied over time or by manufacture :dunno: . I should have some pictures somewhere ... :eek:

* There is some disussion about whether the 50 actually exists. I've seen 35 packs and they're definitely a bit smaller than mine was ~ and it doesn't take much of a dimensional increase to create an additional 15L ;)

Two now
Sold the 75

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well mine arrived today, dated 1988 and not a mark on it. Don't think it was ever issued. Going to get it loaded up tonight and see how it sits. Next move is to add the sack off the lk35 for a little more internal space.

Cheers Cliff for the heads up.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just in case anyone wants to know the difference in frame size. The small frame is from the LK 35 next to the medic pack. uploadfromtaptalk1447865963255.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447865972999.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
That looks to be about the same difference there is between the LK35 and LK70 frames - so I guess the latter maybe what the medic pack uses.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well mine arrived today, dated 1988 and not a mark on it. Don't think it was ever issued. Going to get it loaded up tonight and see how it sits. Next move is to add the sack off the lk35 for a little more internal space.

Cheers Cliff for the heads up.

Looks forward to hearing you're thoughts. The LK35 was a little narrow for me over any distance. The frame on this looks a little wider so might be an option. As if I didn't have enough rucksacks to last several lifetimes already :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE