swedish army kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mimung

May 30, 2007
Sweden
I snapped up a bunch of those a few years ago. My favourite cups.

But there are two different kinds. I "believe" that the one you've shown is the older model. The newer (and I "believe" they are) model has a much flatter bottom. The one you've shown has very little of the bottom that actually makes contact with a surface, making it very tippy. The newer ones are also a softer plastic, and a slightly lighter shade of OD.

The one to the right is army issue. /Mimung

Edit: Spelling....

Sgt Sim

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2007
Edinburgh
Hi everyone! I had a look around but the place where they normaly sell them quite cheap (the previously mentioned Ö&B) did not have any at this time. Sorry... :cussing:

Mimung

May 30, 2007
Sweden
sure? Both have the three crowns. Mine looks like the one to the left.

Ok. I assumed that the one to the left was not military issue. I looks like the one I´ve got from Haglöfs with another hole in the handle. I´ve never seen one with three crowns and that kind of hole in the handle, only models with a round hole. At first I thought you could see the three crowns in the picture on the left one. /Mimung

Oops.. I didn´t see it was several pictures! Sorry...

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
bbab is quite hopeless to deal with IMHO. www.getout.se sells new kuksas for less (10 SEK= 66 p) and in bulk. Better get a group buy from them. I'm amazed that you can't find them in the UK, since you've got the foldables, you should be able to find the ordinary, usually the same brand, and both are used for promotion. I got a free blue one when I bought two packets of flat bread at the supermarket the other day.

edit: directlink to getout: http://www.getout.se/v2/index.asp?item=1903 ,change color with the scroll menu. 10 for 90 SEK, roughly £6.50.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE