swedish army kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

law

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2005
north wales
could anyone help iam after one of these little green plastic ones can not find them anywere just tried genuinearmysurplus but they have sold out.i want to use it as template for carving amongst other things.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Like this? - AA batts shown for scale :)
kuksa.jpg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Got one here, almost identical to the one in the photo with "ajungilak" in raised yellow lettering on the handle. You could try their website? I bought it in a camping shop in the UK.

ATB

Tom

law

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2005
north wales
yep bikething thats the one i mean i already have the little folding cup just wanted this type
they seem hard to get on there own will keep trying army stores ebay etc.thanks for your help guys.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
HI, There is a shop in bristol that is selling them for £2.50p each. I picked up two this morning. There are 4 left.
Cheers topknot.

Sgt Sim

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2007
Edinburgh
I am going over there (to Sweden that is) to visit my parents as today actually. I could have a look around (I think there is a place where there might be plenty of them) and bring some with me. I will let you all know in a day or two if I have found any and those how are intersted can simply PM me and we will arrange something. The benefit will be that you will not have to pay for overseas postal since I am based in Edinburgh. Anyone interested?

(If this is an inapropriate message in any way and do not belong here on this thread, I would kindly ask the moderators to let me know)

I snapped up a bunch of those a few years ago. My favourite cups.

But there are two different kinds. I "believe" that the one you've shown is the older model. The newer (and I "believe" they are) model has a much flatter bottom. The one you've shown has very little of the bottom that actually makes contact with a surface, making it very tippy. The newer ones are also a softer plastic, and a slightly lighter shade of OD.

Here's a little something I put together to demonstrate the differences.

my.php

Pretty neat when it dawned on me that the rounder one would fit perfectly in the mess kit. Mind you, that leaves room for little else. but pretty awesome design.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
I know this won't be much help to most of you, but last time I was in Sweden I visited a food supermarket/surplus store (I know its a bit of a weird mix, but you had to see it to believe it) on the outskirts of Uddevalla which had a box of about 400 of the things.

I also saw them in a camping shop in Gothenburg city center shopping mall.

Nearer to home, I stumbled accross an online uk surplus store a couple of weeks ago which had them. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember which one it was :( .

If I can find it again I'll let you know.

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
Unfortunately the food supermarket/surplus stores (a store chain that actually originated as a government surplus store in Gothenburg) have stopped the surplus part. So now there is no reason whatsoever to go to the Ö & B stores.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE