Swedish army cookset

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 16, 2016
Swedish army cookset

I've got a Swedish amry cookset and I'm feeling the need to use wood in a frinedly way i.e. without scortching the ground.

I've already got some mesh for the botton of the windsheild.

Somy question is what would you use to raise it off the ground.

I'l like if possible for it all to fit together well when packed.

Jan 16, 2016
Ja,I thought about that also.

Obviously the airflow would be reduced but it would work as an ashpan.

I normally use the cup part to cover when boiling.

I suppose I could cover with something else.

But am wondering if anyone else has any cunning solutions.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
pound shop saucepan, handle removed. invert and stand on top. Pan can still be used for other jobs, other times

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Be careful when raising the height of the stove unit on anything that doesn't have a wide(r) area as that will also raise the height of the larger pan in the stove and when they are quite full the whole set up can become top heavy.

I've even modified my stove unit so that I can push a pair of tent pegs through the base to widen the footprint and limit the chances of the whole thing being knocked over - this has saved my lunch at least twice!

SAT5..jpg

I use an asbestos plumbers mat beneath mine when I'm using the meths burner - not sure how that would fare if burning wood -probably too thin.

Some time back I bought a separate SAT stove to trial burning wood in it (it knocks them about a bit) and found that without making provision for the pots to sit higher in the stove (see above image) feeding fuel in through the front aperture was a pain.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I'm confused. Is this to stop the ground being scorched? Just chose your location based on non / less scorching material? Pebbles, gravel , sand ....soil....or are you wanting to use it on surfaces?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Correct. It was designed to be used with a Meths burner, or by holding it with the handle close to a fitåre ( on a stick) plus standing the cup part on a tent stove.

It was designed for the Infantery, to heat up canned food in.

Jan 16, 2016
I'm confused. Is this to stop the ground being scorched? Just chose your location based on non / less scorching material? Pebbles, gravel , sand ....soil....or are you wanting to use it on surfaces?

Just to stop the ground getting scortched.

Though Raising it a little Im sure would help airflow when burning wood

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE