Swedish 40ltr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
picked up one of these from military mart for the silly price of £6.50
at the same time i got hold of one of these too
no connection with the store etc etc
so i should be off camping this weekend and having recieved them both i was toying with the idea of a blanket camp to fit in with the retro feel of the packs, i've two good wool blankets and was just wondering if there is anything folks would pack for a night out old style?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Candle Lantern, Tweed Jacket, Brass Primus stove, Tricouni Nailed boots, Grenfell Cloth Anorak, Tinned mutton, Ovaltine Tablets, Prismatic compass, Webley Revolver....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If there is game bigger than Dik-Dik I sugest the elephant gun ...good for smaller stuff than Nellie too!
The question is - penetration or stopping power for the load!

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
If there is game bigger than Dik-Dik I sugest the elephant gun ...good for smaller stuff than Nellie too!
The question is - penetration or stopping power for the load!

Tisk Tisk... An 'Elephant' gun how unsporting... .375 H+H is what you need. Good shot placement is required... Also a pair of shooting sticks.

So to recap... 6 quid ex army canvas rucksack, Tweed jacket, candle lantern, primus stove,tricouni nailed boots etc, Webley revolver, Benzadrine tablets, rifle in .375 H+H, shooting sticks. Also a hip flask might be a good idea..

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
argh another link to this alladins cave...if you keep posting links to all this fantastic stuff, then mr bank manager is going to get a right monk on with me....another wool blanket and US Water bottle you say...oh go on then...

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars, brass sextant, leg wrappings, Kashmere scarves, elkskin gloves, pith helmet, tin kitchen ware, silver cutlery, some brandy or maybe calvados, pemican. Oh, and hurricane or petrol lantern, not candle. Maybe even carbide headlamp.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE