sweden trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
ahh home sweet home =)

Which of the lakes around Årjäng were you at? Im heading up next year, course or no course, to that area myself actually. Around Lelången / Lennartsfors & Årjäng. It's my old summer stomping grounds as my mother was born just a short trip away from there, so we spent pretty much all summers during my upbringing around there.

Great place.
/HuBBa

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Bam,

Great photos mate. I only got about 20 but I will put them up asap.

The course was a fantastic week which I think everyone would highly recommend. The scenery was amazing and the company was better. Big thanks to Gary, Johan, JP and Preben.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Well it sounds like you guys had absolutly wonderful time and I have to me honest that for once I am glad that my company doesn't allow me to see many of the pictures posted on this forum.

I am not sure I could handle them at present.

James

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
HuBBA - the lake is Vastra Silen - a pair of nesting Ospreys, Elk tracks all over the place, Red Squirrels, Black Woodpeckers and two of the guys found a Beaver lodge while canoeing......

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I do wish I wouldn't go on courses that change my life...IT'S EXHAUSTING.

Oh for a beach holiday where I sit and do nothing all day and come back the same as I went away. :)

I'm now thinking of buying a bow saw to practice with...a bow saw for goodness sake.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Kim said:
I'm now thinking of buying a bow saw to practice with...a bow saw for goodness sake.
Hey Kim, There's a garden center near me selling the Bahco (Company that made your folding saw) bowsaws for £6. Everywhere else, they're up for £20+
If you want, I'll pick one up for you?

Martin

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Great stuff guys, it sounds like a great course and it looks like you had a fantastic time, I’m with the others on the envy front, you lot over there and me doing exams! Something not right there! :rolleyes:

Preben sounds inspirational and a must meet sort of chap, there’s too few of his like these days.

The pictures you guys have put up are great, it’s good to see what’s going on.

Well done to those that organised it, it’s looks to be a great course. :D

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Oh also....meant to put up the group pic:

Sweden067.jpg

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Bam ill impregnate your bushcraft thong with rose hip itching powder before i give it to you for that one LOL ;) as for the plastic cup everyone in sweden must be an officer then as every camping shop sells them and the camping shops in sweden are something else,it truely is bushcraft heaven in more ways than one(no offence taken buddy lol ;) ) ;) :D it was an absolute honour to have been with all you guys and gal last week, you are a top top bunch and a credit to your selves every one of you, thank you for a fantastic week :D oh and Hi Charlie lol, still cant get over the fact we know each other how spookey was that!! all the best JP

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Ravenn said:
Great oppurtunity folks.. photos of the location are awesome, quite a gentleman to learn from. Any idea what his belt knife was?
Nope, I was too busy watching what he was doing rather than what he was doing it with :D LOL
Different combinations depending on the day, but usually a large and small Sami knife.

Martin

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ravenn Preben uses a small (3") Puukko for camp chores, carving and fire lighting (with a steel) - his current one has a antler sheath and he was given it by Innuit while on a expo to greenland a year or two ago.

His main knife is a 8" Leekku (sami) knife and this he uses for almost everything else. I beleive his is a custom job but the Stromeng samkniv model is more than up to the task.

Sometimes he wore then seperately other times he wore then on a combo sheath.

I am sure the guys who where there will agree watching him use them both is impressive and I am also pretty sure that in the future you will be able to tell the former Vildmark students from the rest by the fact many of them will be sporting a large sami knife as well has their standard knife! ;)

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Gary said:
I am sure the guys who where there will agree watching him use them both is impressive and I am also pretty sure that in the future you will be able to tell the former Vildmark students from the rest by the fact many of them will be sporting a large sami knife as well has their standard knife! ;)
some of us already are, Eh Gary? ;)

Martin

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
If it works -------- it works. ;)

Speaking of which did you repair your sheath yet? :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE