Sweating it out...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Didn't have much time for travel this summer due to a number of reasons, but managed
a trip to Ras Mohamed protectorate in Sinai for a week.
Temeratures were up over 50C. :eek: all week, so it was a quick dip in the sea, and into
the shade after about 11am most days..:cool:

These were the only wildlife I managed to snap when the camera was handy....

Copy3ofRasMohamed011.jpg

Copy3ofRasMohamed012.jpg

This little chap was the second we saw, and was about 5 inches across. The other was
bigger, around 7", but the camera was out of reach then. They are non-venomous, but can
give a nasty bite, I'm told..
This is the first time we have seen Camel Spiders this far south... another result of
"Global Warming???":rolleyes:

Copy3ofRasMohamed017.jpg

Copy3ofRasMohamed015.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE WILDLIFE......:lmao:
Copy3ofRasMohamed009.jpg

Sun's just set on another sweltering day...
Copy2ofRasMohamed008.jpg

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
They are non-venomous, but can
give a nasty bite, I'm told.

On detachment in Riyadh, we put a wolf spider, a large scorpion and a camel spider in a drawer to watch the fight, the camel spider killed the other two in seconds, they are fast mean monsters,

Apparently they inject anesthetic when feeding on mammals ( etc camel ) and i heard that several troops during the gulf war have woken to find missing facial flesh due to these !.

Loz

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Yes, they're fast, and can give a nasty bite, but from what I've researched, I'm pretty sure
your "face-eaters" are a bit of an "Urban legend" Loz...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE