Swap axe for a little bit of leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
I am offering a run of the mill axe, nothing special, still in good working order and any one with some polishing and buffing skills could get it looking like new, no dinks taken out of the blade, the handle is some sort of heavy duty plastic affair that is hollow

im not describing this as a bush craft axe, more something to chop some wood up and leave stuck in your chopping log in the garden

the axe is good but im just not in need of it, I have a proper bushy version

what I am in need of though is a small piece of leather for making a knife strop out of, I have tried to find the type of leather they use but cannot figure out the right sort. the 2 bits I have brought that had the description of what I thought I needed turned out to be no good for taking the starky blue compound I use. so I really don't know anything about leather and im a bit out of my depth

the axe looks a bit like this one, but I will point out that is NOT gerber, that im sure of, but the handle and the axe head are set up the same as this

il try get my own pic on here if I can get my camera working again, it took a trip off the side of my kayak and isn't working too great

axe.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Once again this is NOT the axe, but very similar

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
fellas this sounds great and im more than willing to go ahead with a deal but im having problems trying to pm you, am I doing something wrong? are you pm boxes empty?

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
just needs a clean and polish, ive sharpened this to razor edge on my water stones and il give it a bit of a clean before sending, the marks are basically just dirt, sap and wood

001-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

urbansurvivor

Tenderfoot
Sep 11, 2013
East anglai
Well, the leather failed to materialise, so I have paid for someone else to have my axe, brilliant stuff, the post office seem to have lost the leather that I was told was sent out to me, which is believable given the service most of us get, but unbelievably the second bit that was meant to be being sent hasn't happened either, so the need for what I now know is a small piece of veg tan leather is still going, is there anyone out there that thinks they have got a small bit and might need something as part of a swap that might have a bit more luck in getting the leather to me? tell me what you looking for and il see if I have anything that suits

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE