Swanni Sizing- Does this help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
Just recieved a lovely new Olive Swanni Ranger shirt from Andrew at Outdoorcode (Thanks Andrew....great service)

I had read about the sizing, and how the quoted sizes are actual chest size of the garment, so I ordered a Large. When it came it drowned me. Sleeves too long, shoulders too wide.....hung off my little belly, making it look even bigger!!!

So Andrew sent me the medium instead....which is the perfect fit.

I'm 5' 9 and have a 42-44 inch chest, 13st 8, so you can see that I'm no bean pole, but not exactly a bloater either.....sort of stockyish and reasonably broad over the shoulders is how I like to put it :).

The sleeves fit exactly and the tail piece finishes just at the bottom of my bum. Fit over the shoulders is good, with enough room for movement. Another couple of inches less though, and it would have been a bit too small to get much stuff on underneath .

I have enough room for a long sleeved t-shirt/ vest etc. Just right for me and what I will be doing outdoors. For extra warmth I'll stick my smock over the top etc.

Just thought it may help to judge your size if you knew how I got on with mine.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Nod said:
So Andrew sent me the medium instead....which is the perfect fit.

I'm 5' 9 and have a 42-44 inch chest, 13st 8, so you can see that I'm no bean pole, but not exactly a bloater either.....sort of stockyish and reasonably broad over the shoulders is how I like to put it :). QUOTE]

You are "Swannie shaped".

The scrawnier amongst us (I'm 6'1" and 12st 10lb) have to buy an XL and put up with the billowing.

I think they may have modelled their sizing on the extras playing dwarves for LOTR :lmao: :p

Jim.

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
I have a Swanndri Rover Jacket.
It's 2XL

I'm 6'3" 17st10-12.
Armspan is 6'7"
Waist 40"
Chest 48"

It fits OK; can wear it over a rugby shirt and a wooly.
For guidance I wear Cotton Trader XL
Buffalo 48"

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
I was also worried about ordering the right size when I got my Ranger shirt (also from Andrew :D ). I ended up going for a medium, and on wearing it don't think I could have gone any smaller (I was concerned about the length as I'm only short).

I'm 5' 6" with a 41" chest and the medium is fine over a t-shirt but I can also get a thick base layer on under there if I need too.

But how does the sizing work for the Swannie Coats/bush shirts? If I'm a medium shirt does that automatically make me a medium bush shirt?

If these things last as well as they say they do it's really important to get it right! :D

Hellz

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
:D Nice one Jim.....swannie shaped dwarf :D I'm aiming for the look of the guy on the label.....just need to tease these whiskers out another foot and I'll be there!!

Not sure on how the bush shirt would fit but I'd have thought the sizing should be the same as the Ranger. There is thread started by Hoodoo about his bush shirt being long etc. If I had one, I would probably wear the bush shirt in the same manner that I'd wear the Ranger.........with a tee shirt, thin jumper etc underneath. You get the extra benefit of a hood and a longer tail.

I'm sure if you wanted one you could ask if someone who has both to lay one over the other to see if the measurements are the same, or at least how they compare.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I'm 5 foot Ten with a 42/44 chest and a Joe Average size large in the great wide clothing world. I use a size large shirt and its fits well over other shirts/T shirts and feels like a shirt/Jacket.
Does anyone know if this is the same for the Jackets? I fancy a long green zipped Swanni now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE