swanndri sizing??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
A Medium will be fine for you. Swanndri are very much on the large side. I'm a 38-40 inch chest and buy a Small in teh Ranger shirts and they have plenty of room under them for extra layers.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I'm a 42 inch chest, and a 34 inch waist.
Do I go for a Large size swanndri? Or would a medium suffice?
ANy advice is appreciated..."

Which Swanddri garment are you looking at?

My Ranger is labeled as L and my Hooded Bush Shirt is labeled as XL.

I'm a 42 inch chest, and a 34 inch waist, I find the Ranger a little small (not so much around the chest but around the shoulders) and the Bush Shirt sized correctly for wearing clothes underneath.

:)

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well, if Jimbo was confused before, he's gonna be flabberconfuzzled now after reading all of these conflicting posts :lmao:

You know, I think part of the confusion comes from how people wear swannies. I were mine as a shirt, ie with just a t shirt under. Where as some people wear them as a top layer with jumpers, fleeces and all sorts of stuff underneath.
Makes a big difference to sizing.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
As the others have said, it depends on what you want to wear underneath. I'm 6'1", 44" chest, 34" waist and use an XL in both the Rangers and Original, I don't like them too tight and I can fit layers on beneath and still move. I have tried on a L, it did fit, but just not comfy enough for me.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I find then to be quite large except sleeve length and around shoulders witch can be a bit tight on me but if i go up a size they are too baggy everyware else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE