Svord peasant knife for sale at Heinnie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Look guy's I don't care about what mix is in the steel, never mind cakes and poo :confused: All I know is that Danzo over on BB must have imported over a 1000 of these and all those people can't be wrong.

(I have some very good Stainless knifes made by Frost and they keep a good edge)

I only posted this as i know a few people mentioned and interest in getting one.

I've got a couple coming from one of the BB group buys I'll let you know what I think of them:rolleyes:

Richard

Please someone correct me here, but don't Frosts laminate a carbon core with stainless outers to give a good cutting edge that sharpens well and yet holds it? Frosts do rock.

Not sure
GB.

charadeur

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2009
USA Michigan
I definitely agree with you about actual carbon content, it is exceptionally misleading to describe any non-stainless as high carbon regardless of percentage, as it's simply not the case, so I do prefer low med and high carbon to be used.

I agree that it's technically correct, I just think that it is confusing to people who don't know about knifey stuff or steel stuff (I was one of 'em once, and was extremely confused by all the ebay knife kits claiming 'high carbon stainless' when I knew I wanted high carbon). In this case, it's really not a problem as I'm sure they'll receive an excellent knife out of it! And I don't believe Heinnie is trying to confuse people, either. It's just a pet peeve I guess!

Pete

I have to agree. It seems to me that common usage in the knife business is high carbon is not stainless and stainless is never called high carbon.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Arrghh, but you can meet in the middle, maybe poo and not do either well, or do both to a degree, but you can meet there.:dunno:
Off to bed for Goatboy as he desperatly need as much beauty sleep as he can muster

GB

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Please someone correct me here, but don't Frosts laminate a carbon core with stainless outers to give a good cutting edge that sharpens well and yet holds it? Frosts do rock.

Not sure
GB.
Yup, Frost's do a few different laminations, which is perhaps surprising (in a good way) for the price. Laminating blades is an ancient tradition that is still quite widely practiced in Sweden, whereas it seems to have largely died-out elesewhere in the West.

I definitely agree with you about actual carbon content, it is exceptionally misleading to describe any non-stainless as high carbon regardless of percentage, as it's simply not the case, so I do prefer low med and high carbon to be used.

I agree that it's technically correct, I just think that it is confusing to people who don't know about knifey stuff or steel stuff (I was one of 'em once, and was extremely confused by all the ebay knife kits claiming 'high carbon stainless' when I knew I wanted high carbon). In this case, it's really not a problem as I'm sure they'll receive an excellent knife out of it! And I don't believe Heinnie is trying to confuse people, either. It's just a pet peeve I guess!

Pete
I think we're argueing basically the same thing here but going at it a bit differently; we both acknowledge what's the truth but dislike the misleading labels and would like consistent ones, preferably also technically correct . Perhaps we could agree to agree? :D

Next week: 'damascus' steel! ;)

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I think we're argueing basically the same thing here but going at it a bit differently; we both acknowledge what's the truth but dislike the misleading labels and would like consistent ones, preferably also technically correct . Perhaps we could agree to agree? :D

Ha, a forfeit! :D :p

Ok, yeah I think we are really :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE