Sussex Group Meet for November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Oh my god, I live in Hartfield about 3 minutes from the forest! I wish I wasn't busy so I could tag along and talk bushcraft with like minded folk.. :vio:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have called Broadstone & asked for a booing for this weekend. They will be checking with one of their staff called Jon, who Neil may have spoken to, to get us a better pitch & will call me back. Sorry for no updates but work has gone mental & my dad has been in hospital, so have been busy sorting all that out. Will post on here when it is booked up, which should be later today.

Communal meal of Vension sounds good & we should be able to have enough Dutch Ovens to do other stuff like rice as well. A headcount is hard to call but I would go for 10 people.

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
I will bring a fallow haunch on the bone and some diced fallow stewing meat, I will also bring stock etc. If some others want to bring veg that would be good, spuds, carrots, onion, tinned peas / sweetcorn all go well with venison stew.

Luke

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Sounds good Neumo
I'm still looking for a camp chair to take with me, the one I made last time I left on the wood pile.
Going to try Robert Dyas tomorrow, mind you there will be nothing like the one you use.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Neumo,
Jon rang me this morning he has booked D1 E! Which is fairly close to the main car park area. I think he said we are the only booking on site.
Jon is a former colleage of Luke & I, so may well pop up for a beer.
I'll bring two large Dutch ovens, tripod & a large dixie.
See you all then.
N

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I'm not on the list, just mentioned as Simon's other half who will be coming to do a mushroom walk. You'll be pleased to hear that I'm up to my eyeballs in late season cep, as well as saffron milk cap, few hedgehogs, couple of late chanterelles and more blewits than you can shake a stick at. So the stew etc should be well provided for... I'm also happy to make myself chief veg supplier, as we get a box of local organic stuff delivered on a friday that is without fail more than we can eat!

Look forward to seeing you all there :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Damn, i absolutely gutted i cant make this one
smiles_86.gif

Have fun people and take PLENTY of photographs

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I'm gutted you won't be there mate - no chance of pulling a sicky?

It had crossed my mind, but i got told today "oh you dont have to come", yeah thanks, like my life will be worth living if i dont go - lol, ive made plans for Sunday as well now, always next time.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, perhaps stuff for bread making (but Neumo may have that one covered!), perhaps a dessert item? (baked apples or a autumnal crumble. A sloe gin always goes down well. It does'nt matter what you bring to the table really).
N

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE