Sussex Group Christmas Meet 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Hope you guys have a good time this weekend, remember to stay warm, this involves burning wood and keeping busy.
I remember last years Christmas meet, freezing it was.

Shame you can't make this one, Hugo, not the same without you. Think of us as we shiver in the wet!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I'll be there between 3-4 pm Friday, to set up my tarp in some daylight. Hope I don't steal someones usual pitch.:) Any one else arriving Friday.

I've scent marked my trees, so you'll know which ones to avoid. its looking wet, warm and windy this weekend. So really christmasy!

I'm aiming to be over 3-4 on friday, as much as it pains me to ask, but if someone could help me with my kit, it will keep the doctor off my back for over doing it.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm pretty much packed. Secret Santa gift is wrapped. Turkey is in the car (hopefully still defrosting!) - it's inside the barrel and wrapped in a towel so should be OK. Must remember to pack the rest of the food tomorrow morning! I'll aim to get there around 12:30...

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
This has ceased to be bushcraft, it's become glamcraft, or worse, shamcraft. I've never packed so much stuff into the landy for a couple of nights. Think it is all there, missing breakfast bacon at the mo and lunch Sunday.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I will down in the morning, my neck is now healing after an operation. Let us know if there is anything else we need. I will bring a Dutch oven, Crimbo pudding & brandy butter. Plus sausegaes & some veg.

If there is anything else we need then let us know and I can swing by Tesco's on the way. Dave

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
There will be one, watch this space!

Kept mostly dry but mud everywhere. It's like Glastonbury but without women or music

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Thanks everyone for a successful and delicious Christmas meet - turkey was wonderful & I'm sure the carbon potatoes will help with digestion. Good to get home & start drying things out, though - hope everyone else got home safely!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Another great meet with top class food. The Trash Can Turkey worked very well and we were spoilt for choice with veg, sausages, Pork, stuffing, gravy etc.. with Christmas Pudding flambéed in Brandy for desert; all done under a parachute in the woods. Good weekend all round. Was nice to welcome Colin to our group, who hopefully enjoyed himself & will be back again.

I will post some pics in a bit once I have the bits put away & have had some dinner.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE