Sussex Group Christmas Meet 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Think it's going to be a cold one... Might have to bring the reindeer skin

Can you bring that shirt with you, Simon?

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Sorry guys, looks like I'm going to have to cry off. Family commitments that I knew I had to work around just cannot be circumvented. If anyone wants to borrow any cooking kit let me know.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Sorry Spandit, decided to keep the shirt. I took some pics to email you, then put it on for one of them and discovered it isn't as big as I remembered with a few layers underneath. Iona is going to take out the silly zip for me and make it a button up so it's a keeper now. Sorry mate.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Have a good time Guys and Girls, we got a get togther the weekafter Christams as well, and we WILL get down to see you all in the new year, just been speaking to Paul on the blower and meantioned it again.

Christmas Wishes, and a Happy New Year from us Three in Suffolk

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Many thanks Stu, festive Felicitations to you and all our Suffolk friends. We'll have to do a road trip up to you guys and see how the other half live.

@crosslandkelly - I've got a wood grenade and a maul, will add to the list. Gulp, gonna be a big list! Good job I've got the Landy that weekend.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Does anyone have a log grenade, or similar splitter they can bring? I have a maul, but I think some of the logs may need some extra persuasion. Cheers.

just a suggestion, but why not make some gluts and wedges from some of the fallen timber that is laying around up there?, less to carry in and they work great, Hugo, RM and I split a load of logs the other week when we were up the woods with nothing more than a knife, Laplander saw and a wooden mallet (smaller log), worked a treat, like i said, just a suggestion.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We'll have to do a road trip up to you guys and see how the other half live.

That would be nice, but at the ,moment we don't really have a home, we have used a couple of campsites, small but ok,

I was working on a Land Owner's son that owned a 26 acre unmanaged woodland just outside Ipswich, cutting a long story he went on walkabout for the winter, but before he went he did say we would look at sorting out permission when he get back end of February... Fingers crossed.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
just a suggestion, but why not make some gluts and wedges from some of the fallen timber that is laying around up there?, less to carry in and they work great, Hugo, RM and I split a load of logs the other week when we were up the woods with nothing more than a knife, Laplander saw and a wooden mallet (smaller log), worked a treat, like i said, just a suggestion.

DOH! Should have thought of that.:slap: Cheers.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
am i the only one who has just realized its this friday and haven't even thought about the secret santa thing despite suggesting it?:( 'sigh' whats this thing called spare time i keep hearing about?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
am i the only one who has just realized its this friday and haven't even thought about the secret santa thing despite suggesting it?:( 'sigh' whats this thing called spare time i keep hearing about?

I've mostly finished mine this evening although a bit reluctant to give it away as it's taken a fair bit of effort :D

McShug - you'll be more than welcome - you can get the fire going before we all get up! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE