Sussex Bushcraft group meet for NOVEMBER: Weekend of 17th/18th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I would love to have a closer look/try of the bridge, possibly at the next meet? or I could pop over sooner if you were thinking of clearing it out before then.

That would work for me as I am in Bath for the next meet. I will send you a PM with my details

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Im finally able to make a meet, looking forward to a few days at Broadstone. Are we planning to do any of the wish list subjects or is it just a do your own thing weekend? I think Neil is coming, but Im not 100 percent sure yet, as he has dropped off the radar in the last few days. Im planning to arrive at Broadstone early afternoon on the Friday, see you then.

Luke

I'm very tempted to say yes, but I'm having trouble getting our act together for this meet, so don't entirely feel justified in saying "Yes Please". The main takers on the list were Jack, Spandit, Simon H, Graywolf and myself, so perhaps the way to go is with Spandit's, SimonH's and Jack stuff? All of which I would find interesting if there and those guys get their stuff done if I don't make it.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
1 Spandit
2 SimonH, wearing a tutu woven from his own beard hair
3 Jack + chute
4 Bill + hot water bottle and possibly an extra sleeping bag or two
5 Luke
6 Peter_t

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Well I think instructors choice really. Based on the last meet and so few people a lot of time was spent in collecting wood and cooking, so something that would last about an hour or so I think would be great. Obviously weather is going to play a big part too. There's so much I would like to learn, anything would be good. Maybe time to dust of the dutch oven.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
We could do some bow drill component foraging, I could do with trying some different woods to my old favourites. I'll bring you some starter cord Jack.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Thanks, I seem to be able to get through just about anything, even 550 paracord. Think I've got a wonky bow technique, but that's my big fat belly for you.

I'm thinking a good stew or something for the Saturday night. If anyone else wants to chip in we can divide up the ingredients between us. I've got a Dutch oven but it's not that big, should be good for 4-6 of us if we get a pot going with some rice to bulk it out a bit. Anyway, if anyone else is interested, I'll bring the pot and some meat.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Can bring another DO too if needed. Starter cord is pretty good as is climbing accessory cord (9mm I think), and the thick purlon cord isn't too bad but not as good as starter cord. Will bring some meat and stuff for a stew too, if I get time I'll try and bag a rabbit or two as well.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Afternoon all

I can make this one, but Sundays are pretty much out for me at the moment, what with the kids and their activities. I'm thinking of coming down on the Friday afternoon & clearing off on Saturday evening. Is anyone else likely to be down on the Friday? (I see Luke says he will, though I don't think we've met?)

1 Spandit
2 SimonH, wearing a tutu woven from his own beard hair
3 Jack + chute
4 Bill + hot water bottle and possibly an extra sleeping bag or two
5 Luke
6 Peter_t
7 Dark Horse Dave (Friday afternoon - Saturday evening only)

Last edited:

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
We can do a bow drill making session, however if it turns out to be cold and frosty the embers may not last long if at all. Quality cordage for bow drills is vital, Neil and myself use 5mm climbers shock cord or very good quality paracord. The paracord sold in the shops is crap for bow drill, I have never tried starter cord. Natural cordage is a whole new world, very tricky to master! Let me know how many people are interested and I will print off some handouts. Bows and bearing blocks might prove tricky as we cannot cut green wood on site, but I'm sure we will find something. What time will the chute be arriving?

Luke

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE