Sussex Bushcraft group meet for MAY: 25th to 27th

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Andy mate what size do you want the canvas bag, slightly bigger is always better.

It is currently snugly (but not tightly) residing in a box 23" x 17" x 11" If it's newspaper bag style (the easiest I suspect?) then 24" x 24" x 12" should do the job nicely? It weighs about 13-14lbs.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I'm buying a 10-12 sq ft hide later this week, assuming I'm solvent enough to pay for it. If not I'll shout before hand. It'll be 3mm veg tanned, might be 4mm but probably 3mm. I was going to get some extra needles, thread, and a couple of dyes - say tan and brown and then splitting the cost among those interested. There will be plenty left over to divide out too. I was going to propose sticking to a couple of things only this time, primarily a sheath or a belt if anybody doesn't want to do a sheath. Those fancying a belt can order their own buckles beforehand from here: http://www.theidentitystore.co.uk/ I usually go for 1 1/2' width. That will keep my cost down. Some tables would be great if anyone has one to bring please. Other things to bring if you have them is a Stanley knife and some clamps, I have quite a few clamps but I suspect they will all be in use at the same time so extra would help.

What sort of clamps? say ordinary G-clamps with a bit of wood?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My own parachute (PR7) arrived today (quick!) - it's ripstop, which the group one isn't and looks pretty new. Just going to climb onto the roof now to try it out... :D

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Andy mate ,I am going to make the canvas sack tomorrow, I'm thinking the size of a BIG bag of spuds plus a little taller.
Whilst I'm here peeps, you might notice I have put up for sale some scotch augers on the forum, if anybody wants one I could bring it along to the next meet so as there is no postal charges.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Apologies everyone, but it looks as though I may be able to make this :) (pending a confirmation mid month). I may be bringing a guest along, a virgin (as in new to Schrafting :confused:) schrafter.

1 Neumo
2 Spandit (both nights)
3 Rumcelt (both nights)
4 Big Stu (both nights)
5 Jackcbr (Friday only)
6 Dark Horse Dave + at least 1
7 Hugo (Both nights)
8 Simon H
9 Peter_t (both nights)
10 Rockmonkey (Both nights)
11monkey boy
12 Beans + Adam
13 Wildbill (very probably)
14 Ant67 +3
15 Swallow = 1 (third time lucky)
16 Hellobayo (both nights)
17 loenja :fri night, sat eve - sun got sailing course
18 widu13 + 1

Chute GB

1. widu13
2. Peter_t
3. Neumo
4. Spandit
5. Jack
6. SimonH
7. Dark Horse Dave
8. Hugo
9. Wildbill
10. Swallow
11. Kepis
12. Hellobayo
13. Loenja
14. monkey boy

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Whilst I'm here peeps, you might notice I have put up for sale some scotch augers on the forum, if anybody wants one I could bring it along to the next meet so as there is no postal charges.

I have said I will have one on the thread, so if you can bring it along to this meet it would be good.

Andy mate ,I am going to make the canvas sack tomorrow, I'm thinking the size of a BIG bag of spuds plus a little taller.

A bit of room at the top would be good. I am toying with making a bag to fill with sand to go on the end of the throw rope. Time to dust of the sewing machine I think....

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have put one away for you Dave mate.
I'm keeping one for myself as I want to make some green furniture with it.
I can make the throw bag as well no worries, I have sand and some 10 mm gravel, I'll try it with both and see what is better.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Hugo: Thanks for putting one of the augers away for me, I will pick it up from you & pay you at the meet. I may have a go at a sand filled bag & if we end up with a few then we can always give one to Robin for his chute or I can keep it for mine.

Some tables & chairs where we can sit down to do leatherwork will be good. I will bring along the few tools, threads, half a bottle of dye etc that I have, plus some cutting boards, clips & stanley knife. Looks like we will have lots to be doing at this one.

I will also bring the forge as I think as that will be a regular thing from now on, for me at least, so if anyone has any charcoal they could bring that would be good & I will pick up a bag of the right stuff before then. I will bring the spare files & other bits of metal that I want to make things out of. Anyone is welcome to have a go on it as before.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Imagine the size of the UQ! :D

I've got a hazel tree in my garden that I'm hoping will provide a suitable pole for the middle of it. If not, a couple of 6' poles with some sort of joiner will do

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE