10. Swallow
11. Kepis
12. Hellobayo
13. Loenja
14. monkey boy

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Good news that the chute has turned up & that it has lines on it. Having white paracord lines sounds ideal as they will be easier to see than the green ones on Neils one. I guess we won't know for sure what it is like until we hoist it up. The one thing we will need is rope & plenty of it, as I don't think 30 yards will be enough. If we can source a roll of that blue poly rope that someone mentioned they had, then that will get us going for a bit. I will keep an eye out for some 6 to 10mm purloin rope on the bay & elsewhere. I think we are going to be properly sorted out for the next meet.

I think a few packs of those 12" plastic pegs would be just what we need. 4 or 5 packs of those would probably get us started, depending on how many lines there are & we would want a few spare.

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
There are 32 lines. 'Chute looks in good nick, real bargain for that price. It's not ripstop so we'll have to be a little careful & there's about 6" of mesh around the sides.

Thanks for the tea, Andy!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I think we should buy those, as 8" should be long enough & 40 would give us a few spare for when some get lost, hit too hard etc.. We have 14 people on the GB list, which at £5 a head comes to £70. Less the chute that leave us with £15, so if one of us buys the pegs then that will leave us a bit over for rope etc.. What do you think? I can buy them if you want.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'll buy them - I've just ordered another parachute too (a slightly smaller one - my wife is taking a group camping and the dates might clash with our meet) so will need some pegs for that.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
B*gger, just bought them and found I could have bought 100 cheaper (and in East Sussex too!)... never mind, it's only a quid or so...

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Nice one. I would be interested to see your smaller parachute as I have always wanted one myself but resisted the temptation so far. We should have funds from the whip round to cover the pegs as well

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I've just ordered another parachute too (a slightly smaller one - my wife is taking a group camping and the dates might clash with our meet) .

Was that the 28ft one with the mesh panels from the same seller as the GB one?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
We will all end up with our own parachute... I can see it happening.... :) There will be a sea of chutes stretching out to the horizon in a few meets time...

Out of interest, am I right in thinking that Andy bought the X Type one & what type did Robin buy? Not that I have been looking at that ebay link.....

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
We will all end up with our own parachute... I can see it happening.... :)

I always used to have one, but foolishly lent it out and never saw it again and the bloke who borrowed it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth:(

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
@Kepis, yes, that one (the PR7). Would be a bit cheeky bringing my own along to a meet, I suppose - depends on how ostracised I am :D
I'll see how much rope I have. 30m of 10mm PP rope is about £12 from a brief search on eBay. Another couple of people into the GB and we'll be sorted (pegs were £8.22 so that's currently £4.52 each :))

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
With 14 people at £5 a head we will have enough to pay andy for the chute & you for the pegs, plus a bit to put towards some rope. We should also invest in a carabiner; I have some cheap ones but if the chute gets wet I think we would be better of with a proper climbing one if we don't want a surprise chute collapse ....

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Lines sealed and gathered with the help of Spandit (cheers Bud :)).

I have found the same type of pegs as Spandit but 50 in 12" for £9 delivered and also 30m of "Utility" cloth rope (think imitation climbing rope) for £8 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-RED-PLASTIC-TENT-PEG-CAMPING-AWNING-12-30CM-/150804852113?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item231cab6d91#ht_1424wt_1037

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-x-30m-heavy-duty-rope-camping-Utility-towing-car-tree-swing-snow-sledge-/220878964995?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sailing&hash=item336d698903#ht_5567wt_1270

Bearing in mind that the cost of the chute has now decreased dramatically due to the amount of take up, shall I get these as well to be completely ready to go?

If anyone wishes to donate anything all well and good, but Hugo is donating materials AND his time to make the bag hence I think he should be excused. Everyone else including me should put in. What do you think?

The cost all in will be in the ball park of £5.50 each (with Hugo excused).

With a 4" steel fall arrest carabiner added at £5 delivered Here the prices rises to £6 each.

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
@Kepis, yes, that one (the PR7). Would be a bit cheeky bringing my own along to a meet, I suppose - depends on how ostracised I am :D
I'll see how much rope I have. 30m of 10mm PP rope is about £12 from a brief search on eBay. Another couple of people into the GB and we'll be sorted (pegs were £8.22 so that's currently £4.52 each :))

let me know what it's like when you get it if you would?, i need to get to set up for the summer in one of the woods i use

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Andy, I think that is a great idea. We may as well put in an extra £1 (if people don't mind) so that we can get the whole kit together: chute, pegs, rope & carabiner. If hugo can make the tennis ball sized bag full of sand with a tie on for a cord, then I have some 2 or 3mm washing line that will do as a throw rope for the sand bag. That will mean we just need a large bag to put it all in.If Jack's one is too small then we can get an onion bag & put a drawstring on it or find a suitable bag on the bay. Looks like we will have a nice setup when we are done. I think the 12" pegs would be best but the 8" ones would probably do. If Robin is getting one it would be nice to put his up, if he does not mind, just to see how it compares with the group one.

If we are doing leather craft then it might be nice to have a table or 2 to do some leather work on, for laying out material & patterns on. I have several of those plastic cutting boards that you use with craft knives, wheel knives etc.., including a large one that I can bring along. A few garden type chairs that you can sit at a table at would bee good if someone has any they can bring.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE