Sussex Bushcraft group meet for MAY: 25th to 27th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Bruce there is a taxi rank outside the station but they may be busy because it's Friday so it might be an idea to book one in advance to save waiting. Here's a couple of numbers for you 01342 720004 or 01342 317400.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
well, packing is sort of done........... hope it is, lol.

Just cant wait till tomorrow.... see you all soon

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Dear All,

15 of us have undertaken to chip in for the large 'chute.

The 'chute cost £55, the rope £8, the pegs £9 and the 'biner £5.

Grand total= £77

Divided by 14 as Hugo has made his payment by supplying storage bags and his time, the cost each will be the princely sum of £5.50.

I'll be there Sat morning, but please don't try to give me any money until I've set up camp!

Please try to bring the right money, changing a £50 note from all of you affluent people will be hard work in Ashdown!

Once the monies are in I will then pay Spandit for the pegs.

Hope that makes sense?! Here's the list for those that may have forgotten who said what:

Chute GB

1. widu13
2. Peter_t
3. Neumo
4. Spandit
5. Jack
6. SimonH
7. Dark Horse Dave
8. Hugo
9. Wildbill
10. Swallow
11. Kepis
12. Hellobayo
13. Loenja
14. monkey boy
15. hemdale

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Bruce there is a taxi rank outside the station but they may be busy because it's Friday so it might be an idea to book one in advance to save waiting. Here's a couple of numbers for you 01342 720004 or 01342 317400.

Thank you Simon, much appreciated ! :You_Rock_

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Robin,

Am I to assume that the nights might still be cold (even if it kinda hot and sunny during the day) ?

Assume.... dont.... prepare....

Just remmeber Assume just makes an bottom out of U and ME.

Pack for a colder night, just in case. last night was 17c tho.

I am taking my thicker sleeping bag and a thin underquilt for the hammock, if it to hot i'll just use the underquilt and the sleeping bag as a throw over

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Robin,

Am I to assume that the nights might still be cold (even if it kinda hot and sunny during the day) ?

Forecast says the lows for Forest Row during both nights is 15C. I was something like that last night and the house was so oppressive I set up a tarp and slept on the ground in the garden on a groundsheet and sleeping mat, with a sleeping bag that's over 20 years old and by no means Winter rated.

A breeze can suck the heat right out of you though so I wouldn't skimp either, especially in a Hammock.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
With this heat what is anybody taking to store meat in? I have a gas powered Fridge but it's a big old boy, not something you can carry any distance. I can't remember if this is a pitch you can drive to, to unload.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Assume.... dont.... prepare....

Just remmeber Assume just makes an bottom out of U and ME.

Pack for a colder night, just in case. last night was 17c tho.

I am taking my thicker sleeping bag and a thin underquilt for the hammock, if it to hot i'll just use the underquilt and the sleeping bag as a throw over

Ahahaha, vey good indeed Stu. ;)
I remember my instructor when I was doing my military service in Germany saying something like :"Expect the best, but get ready for the worst"

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Just a cool bag for meat, I'm more worried about warm beer though tbh!

Yeah, that 's what I said, we definitely need an 18 wheeler for:

- 200 kgs of ice cubes
- 2 jacuzzi
- 10 beer kegs
- 3 arcade machines for the kids
- 4 fans / AC combos
- 25 wet t-shirt contest chix (optional)
- 10 pole dancers (optional with extra charge, drinks not included)

I am proud to announce that the Broadstone Warren Hilton is now officially open ! Woohoo !

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
When you are:

- Backpacking
- Camping
- Whatever

Carrying the entire gear yourself is:

- Killing me
- F*%&@ing heavy

Note to self:

Don't do that ever again. :lmao:

Beansprout

Tenderfoot
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting much since the last meet, had a bit of a crackdown on the forums and the many hobbbies. Next week adam has his final uni deadlines, so ill be helping him this weekend with his coursework. Thst means we won't be able to attend this weekend's meet :( hope you lot enjoy the weekend and I hope the weekend stays bright!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Weather was great, pity I couldn't stay both nights!

Thanks for the L****** coffee, SimonH, and thanks for the sharpening tips - I'll go bald soon, I'm sure...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE