Sussex Bushcraft group meet for MAY: 25th to 27th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Jack,I wouldnt be to worried about the safety of my sausages,if I was you I would be worried about the amount of times you will be counting your fingers to make sure you still had them.:)

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Andy you'll be in time to bring me a nice cup of tea in bed then! Really struggling with this computer at the moment, I put a post up a couple of days ago about what to bring and it's disappeared or never posted, so here goes again. For the leather working group could everyone where possible please bring some card and a pencil to make a template, some disposable gloves for dying and some clamps if you have them. For the knife sharpening could everyone bring a pack of mixed (coarse, med and fine) wet and dry (not sandpaper), three pieces of board/ply/mdf about 4 ins by 9 ins, some double sided sticky tape and if you have one an old leather belt to use as a strop. I'll demo the waterstones too. Sorry this is all a bit late going up but as I say i thought I posted this a couple of days ago!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I can pick up some packs of wet n dry from Screwfix if people can't get hold of any in time. Just to clarify, what grits for course, medium and fine. They seem to range from 120 to 1200. Was thinking 120, 240, 600? Might have some glove too down the shed.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Yeah that will do fine Jack, I think they even sell a mixed pack which is fine too. I was going to get all this in myself but I'm carless for now. Cheers mate.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Another missing post. Sorry jack I replied earlier mate, no need for a lift now but thanks anyway, i'm going to nick Iona's car on Friday so I can get there early and set up. Cheers mate.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
For the knife sharpening could everyone bring a pack of mixed (coarse, med and fine) QUOTE]

Can you suggest grades?, if I follow the waterstons that's something like 600/800, 1200 and 6000, but I don't remember that being normal grades for sandpaper or even if the same scale applies.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Swallow, details for W&D are all as per posts 289 and 290. Loosely around the grades mentioned are fine. Just get a pack of mixed fine, med and coarse and you can't go wrong.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Started packing a couple of hours ago, Mrs Hugo asks what the rush was, and I say I want to get there early, then she tells me, it's Thursday your going tomorrow.
Duh, it's an age thing, I hope.
Packed the scotch augers for those who ordered, and your knife Simon.
See you tomorrow peeps.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hi guys,

The weather is stunning here in London (and probably in Sussex too :cool: ), can't wait to be friday !
I'll be coming with my missus freshly arrived from Paris (she expect a warm galant British welcome up to its reputation :35: ) and I just wondered if any of you know if there will still be some taxis at East Grinstead train station ?

We will be arriving this friday approximately around 9:45 / 10pm ish and I don't want to pitch my tent in the parking :lmao:. If anyone had infos about that , thanks a million !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE