Sussex Bushcraft group meet for March: 24th/25th at Broadstone Warren

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Park in the top car park

I've started my packing but can barely move the Bergen as it is - working on a lightweight list for a walk-in...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Right, just spoken to them - apparently it was only a verbal booking that was pencilled in and they do need a booking form in future. However, he has booked us into D8 over the 'phone (this was the only pitch he offered, it's coincidental that I quite liked this pitch last time :D)

Phew! See you all tomorrow or Saturday!

That's a relief, i liked D8 last time, very comfortable & lots of fire wood, do you lot want me to bring my big old tri pod along for hanging a kettle off of?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Park in the top car park

yup, park in the Ranger car park and walk up, it's not that far in reality, just beware of the big old pot hole as you drive in through the gate though.

Ranger car park shown on this map http://www.broadstonewarren.org.uk/index.php/site_plan/

Think we need to have a discussion about booking etc on Saturday and get some structure to the meets, if people are happy to work on having a meet on the last full weekend of each month as we discussed last month, then it would be easy to fill in the booking form and book the next months one or even a couple of months in advance while we are actually on site, all it would need is for whoever takes the money down on the Sunday to take a completed booking form with them as well - job done, i'll pick some up on Saturday morning when i arrive, unless someone else can get some prior to that?.

What do you lot think?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hi
Is this a lads only thing or are ladies allowed I am new to this but love foraging etc could I come too Want to swop foragaing stories

Liz

Liz

More the merrier, we have ladies at these meets too, I think this weekend there will be at least three ladies at the meet.

Mar 22, 2012
United Kingdom
looks like we might be giving it a try, need to pick up on peoples wisdom!!

love this stuff , by the way does the tent pitch have electric hook up? Me wimp! and newby!!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
looks like we might be giving it a try, need to pick up on peoples wisdom!!

love this stuff , by the way does the tent pitch have electric hook up? Me wimp! and newby!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way! Be prepared for a bit of banter... I can't promise to be on my best behaviour :D
What would you plug into the electric hookup if there was one?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
does anyone know of any organised wild food forages in sussex

You might want to introduce yourself on the introductions forum first, then ask the question in a separate thread. SimonH SWMBO forages professionally but not sure if she runs organised courses

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE