Sussex Bushcraft group meet for March: 24th/25th at Broadstone Warren

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
aye, us West Sussex Lads will welcome you the meets, people from Hampshire are not quite as strange as those from the East;):)

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
aye, us West Sussex Lads will welcome you the meets, people from Hampshire are not quite as strange as those from the East;):)

I'm not originally from Hampshire (been here since May). I'm from the Fens originally.

I'll get my coat

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes you are welcome to come along, especially if you bring cake. Everything you need to know should be in the OP but if you want to know more than just ask.

I found my old food smoker in a cupboard today, so will probably bring that along & I am toying with bringing my portable forge as well, if anyone wants to hit some hot metal.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Yes you are welcome to come along, especially if you bring cake. Everything you need to know should be in the OP but if you want to know more than just ask.

I found my old food smoker in a cupboard today, so will probably bring that along & I am toying with bringing my portable forge as well, if anyone wants to hit some hot metal.

yes please do you know how to make steel strikers for flint and steel, if so can you please teach me, iI will bring my own files 

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Welcome Ninja mate be glad to see you at the meet up any time.
Neumo mate, a portable forge is just what we want, great.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Sounds like hot metal it is. I have a small anvil that could be screwed to a tree stump and a few hammers, a pair of tongs etc.. so enough to get us going. I am not an expert as I have done a half day course & have played a few times in the garden. If you want to bring some bits of metal to try then that is good as I don't have any, but will get a few bits. Old files are good. I will have to dig it out & test that it all works as it has been a while. We will need some charcoal as well but I have half a bag that will get us going. Sounds like fun.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
1 Neumo
2 Spandit (Friday night & possibly Saturday)
3 Kep + 2
4 Hugo -----I intend to stay this time as well.
5 monkey boy
6 simon H
7 widu13
8 Rockmonkey
9 peter_t

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sounds like hot metal it is. I have a small anvil that could be screwed to a tree stump and a few hammers, a pair of tongs etc.. so enough to get us going. I am not an expert as I have done a half day course & have played a few times in the garden. If you want to bring some bits of metal to try then that is good as I don't have any, but will get a few bits. Old files are good. I will have to dig it out & test that it all works as it has been a while. We will need some charcoal as well but I have half a bag that will get us going. Sounds like fun.

Superb, really lookign forward to this, will see if i can rustle up some old files and the like from various sources.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
JCs coming again. No need to forge anything, just a wave of the hand will sort anything out.

Now to feed the group out of two packets of tortilla wraps and 5 cans of sardines!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK

Justin Collins?
Jarvis Cocker?
John Challis? (played Boycie on Only Fools & Horses)

Or this fellow?

7824569d.jpg

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
If people want to make strikers then we can do that. Chop up an old file into 3" of so lengths would be ideal. I might bring some mild steel lengths along so we can make pokers etc if I can find some cheap. It all comes in a bucket, so we can quench in water. Someone could try to make a knife if they wanted. It's all done at your own risk as usual...

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
If people want to make strikers then we can do that. Chop up an old file into 3" of so lengths would be ideal. I might bring some mild steel lengths along so we can make pokers etc if I can find some cheap. It all comes in a bucket, so we can quench in water. Someone could try to make a knife if they wanted. It's all done at your own risk as usual...

i will comming on the saturday again, so if it ok I would love to have a go at a striker  well excited about doing this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE