Sussex Bushcraft group meet for March: 24th/25th at Broadstone Warren

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Chaps- I'll be at Broadstone that weekend involved in the running of a large Escape and Evasion style event for Explorer Scouts- you'll no doubt come across us! I'll try to pop by and say hello. I believe we will be sited near the Ranger car park for the Friday night, and they will be roaming free around the site sleeping in bashas for saturday night.

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
Not sure if I can make it yet. I could'nt make the one just gone as I was off doing a spot of biffing with General Richie Hook!

Luke

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Chaps- I'll be at Broadstone that weekend involved in the running of a large Escape and Evasion style event for Explorer Scouts- you'll no doubt come across us! I'll try to pop by and say hello. I believe we will be sited near the Ranger car park for the Friday night, and they will be roaming free around the site sleeping in bashas for saturday night.

Better put a sentry on stag for the wood pile then. It's damn hard enough to find on D1 as it is.

Still checking dates with SWMBO, but think I might be in luck, will add to the
list once I know. SWMBO might join us for an evening meal too if all things go well.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
1 Neumo
2 Spandit (Friday night & possibly Saturday)
3 Kep + 2
4 Hugo -----I intend to stay this time as well.
5 monkey boy
6 simon H
7 widu13
8 Rockmonkey

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hi guys,

Don't want to be a pain in the butt: if the group could do on 31st march + 1st april ? I would be able to join you.
Again, if changing the date might be an issue, please maintain the original date... :sad6:

Obviously, I'm almost sure you've booked this date since it will suit everyone best... :dunno:

Please let me know your thoughts

Bruce

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thing is you cant please all the people all the time, if we start planning around each others diaries then we would never get a date set and the meets would never happen, we had a an informal discussion about the date of the next meet on Sunday morning and decided between those of us who were left, that the last weekend of March was the way to go for the next one, personally i think we should settle on a set weekend, like the last weekend of each month, if we do it that way, then people will always know the meet is the last weekend of each month and can plan around it if they want to be there, sure some of us have to work weekends (i do and i know some of you other guys do too) and if we have to work on the date of a meet and miss it, then without being funny about it, it's tough luck, ive missed two meets already because of work commitments, but that's the way things go sometimes, id love to go to all of them, but it's just not going to happen.

Additional

As the Spring & Summer come ever closer of course, Broadstone is going to get busier, a lot busier, so if we can commit to a set weekend each month, we can book a pitch with them well in advance, perhaps book two or three months ahead, i dont know if that is possible? (Neumo/Neil do you know if that would be doable?), that way we can ensure we can get where we would prefer, im sure that would also significantly help Broadstone with their future planning as well, it's not so critical in the winter months, but during the summer, im sure booking well ahead would be most welcome and make the Broadstone staff's life a bit easier.

Last edited:

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Thing is you cant please all the people all the time, if we start planning around each others diaries then we would never get a date set and the meets would never happen, we had a an informal discussion about the date of the next meet on Sunday morning and decided between those of us who were left, that the last weekend of March was the way to go for the next one, personally i think we should settle on a set weekend, like the last weekend of each month, if we do it that way, then people will always know the meet is the last weekend of each month and can plan around it if they want to be there, sure some of us have to work weekends (i do and i know some of you other guys do too) and if we have to work on the date of a meet and you miss it, then without being funny about it, it's tough luck, ive missed two meets already because of work commitments, but that's the way things go sometimes, id love to go to all of them, but it's just not going to happen.

Additional

As the Spring & Summer come ever closer of course, Broadstone is going to get busier, a lot busier, so if we can commit to a set weekend each month, we can book a pitch with them well in advance, perhaps book two or three months ahead, i dont know if that is possible? (Neumo/Neil do you know if that would be doable?), that way we can ensure we can get where we would prefer, im sure that would also significantly help Broadstone with their future planning as well, it's not so critical in the winter months, but during the summer, im sure booking well ahead would be most welcome and make the Broadstone staff's life a bit easier.

I agree here, its a great way to end the month aswell, like you said some times one can make it and some times one cant, but at least we all had a month notice to do are best.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I agree here, its a great way to end the month aswell, like you said some times one can make it and some times one cant, but at least we all had a month notice to do are best.

Exactly, and like you say, it's something to look forward to at the end of each month.:)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I disagree, the last week of the month is a bad move for us office dwellers. That's payday week and then meeting all you guys with your nice knives and flash kit quickly leads to any spare cash disappearing :lmao:

Damn, we've been found out:rolleyes:

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I disagree, the last week of the month is a bad move for us office dwellers

For those of you who don't know, this is Jack:
keith_int.jpg

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The meet is filling up nicely & it has only been a few days. Picking dates is hard & when we have tried to do it by voting you don't get a clear answer; last time all the votes were split evenly amongst 4 weekends. I like the idea of a fixed date as that makes it easier for everyone to plan & means we can book up a pitch months in advance if we want to. The campsite will be getting a lot busier as the Spring comes around, so booking early will be a good idea.

I have a map showing which pitches are already booked for this weekend, including D1E, so will put up a list of possible pitches soon.

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Afternoon all - is this open to people further afield? I'm in Basingstoke. Not spent a night outside for ages!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE