Sussex Bushcraft group meet for APRIL: 21st/22nd at Broadstone Warren - FORGE Time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
I picked up half a dozen old files for £1 at the bootsale this morning, I'll bring them along. I'm sure we could beat and bend them into something interesting.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'll be using my Swedish Trangia I got free!

Good luck with the wire saw - I didn't have good results with the one I was given...

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
my dad has got one it fits around hes wrists it obv bigger than this one but that seems to work really well

i got a outdoor meat clever thats what i call it anyways lol
its like a wood chopper just cleaned and sharpened it up gunna use that till i get an axe i may get and axe before i come dont know yet

a free Trangia nice man

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
You'd be better off waiting & trying out a few axes at the meet to see what suits. A knife is more useful or have you already got one?

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
going to get a mora clipper they seem to have good reviews and are nice and cheap for a first knife that i will prob only brake or abuse

i have a very nice knife that was made custom for me but its for fishing really and prob wont take something beating on the back of it
do people use different style of axes to suit them ?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Clippers are good for starters & some people never "upgrade"

Yes, people use different axes for carving, felling, splitting etc.

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
ok cool what sort of cords do you guys use ? and where can i get some for hanging my tarp ect

think im set of a dd travel hammock as i can use it as a little 1 man biviy on the floor if needs be

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I use utility cord from the pound shop. You can buy drums of starter cord cheap from eBay or just buy paracord

I've heard you can get condensation problems in that hammock as the base is so waterproof - think that's what jackcbr uses

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
ah yeah paracord thats it

hmm yeah maybe the front line then tbh i got a bivy bag ex army so if i want to go to the floor ill just use that on a mat

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Wasn't someone lending you a hammock? I'd take them up on their offer as you might hate sleeping in it & save yourself the money

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I'm planning on bringing one but unsure how to pump the air into it

How big is the hole that the air is fed in? I can make another PC Fan & 9v battery thing, like I used last time. I have all the bits so can knock one up pretty quick if needed.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's about 50mm - thinking about it, I've got a spare fan lying around - do you just run them straight from the 9V battery or is there circuitry involved?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE