Sussex Bushcraft group meet for APRIL: 21st/22nd at Broadstone Warren - FORGE Time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Be good to see you Graywolf.
I used the same pitch as you on your last visit, I even used the tripod that you made to hang some of my gear on.

1 Neumo
2 Spandit (both nights)
3 Kep (possibly +2 depending on the boys exams and their other commitments)
4 SimonH - I'll bring some organic burgers for Spandit because he's such a terrific guy
5 widu13 plus mob.
6 Hugo
7 Swallow + 1
8 Jack

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Blast you're right Spandit mate, it was the Dagenham that got me, apologies to Graywolf.
Yes I have caught the sun a bit today, should have had more tea.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Those pancakes looked rubbish, my body is a temple so I could not bring myself to eat any, that is if Rockmonkey could get one from not sticking to the pan and out on a plate.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Those pancakes looked rubbish, my body is a temple so I could not bring myself to eat any, that is if Rockmonkey could get one from not sticking to the pan and out on a plate.

My pancake was alright - very tasty it was:)

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We will have to be a bit more strict about kids running around near the forges, for obvious reasons, so we may have to rope off an area where we can work.

Are the kids able to do the activities shown on the website? I don't know if they are on at this time of year? or included in the price?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Are the kids able to do the activities shown on the website? I don't know if they are on at this time of year? or included in the price?

In a word, no. We only pay to camp. To do the activities you'd most likely have to book as a larger group

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Jack remind me nearer too and I'll get sausages for you when I get Robin's burgers. Maybe I should tap the farm up for commission.Are we allowed to do a Hangi at Broadstone? We should have a whole deer inbefore the meet and I could pilfer a haunch.....

SpareX

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Kent
Booked off work this time so ill be there both nights looking forawrd to meeting you all will be first time out :D

see you soon

1 Neumo
2 Spandit (both nights)
3 Kep (possibly +2 depending on the boys exams and their other commitments)
4 SimonH - I'll bring some organic burgers for Spandit because he's such a terrific guy
5 widu13 plus mob.
6 Hugo
7 Swallow + 1
8 Jack
9 Sparex - (both nights)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex

The site does offer a wide range of activities & it may be possible for kids from our group to attend, but there may be a minimum number needed. Those activities are extra & would need to be paid for separately as we only pay to camp there. We can find out at the next meet if you want or you could call the office to ask.

Another group meal sounds good. If you can bring some meat that would be good & I will bring along the big 8L Dutch oven, plus vegetables, more meat etc..

Let us know if people want to do a group meal & we can work out what we need to bring.

We did think of a hangi but the site has a 'No pits to be dug' rule.

Last edited:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ummmmm, sausages. Me likey sausage, me likey sausage. Just found out that the sausages that I drive 400 miles (yes, I said 400 miles) are now at borough market on a Thursday and one of the girls at work has a friend that's part of the management team there. So now I've got a supplier at work and it would seem Simon is going to be my bushy supplier.

Btw, I do eat other things, as long as they come with sausages.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Umm, now could i tempt you with some Wild Boar & Apple Sausages or some Wild Boar & Stilton Sausages or Pigeon & Pork Sausages or my favourite Venison & Wild Mushroom Sausages:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE