Sussex Bushcraft group meet for APRIL: 21st/22nd at Broadstone Warren - FORGE Time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Looks like it could be a wet one, especially on the Saturday - glad I've got a bigger tarp now - will be useful to see if I can prevent rain running down the hammock suspension

Do you use caribiners? I heard it suggested that was one of the main reasons for using them.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Do you use caribiners? I heard it suggested that was one of the main reasons for using them.

I do, but they're not close enough to the hammock to be under the tarp. I use them because they're strong and easy to clip. Might just tie some drip cords onto the suspension, although the free end of the whoopie slings should act in that way.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I do, but they're not close enough to the hammock to be under the tarp. I use them because they're strong and easy to clip. Might just tie some drip cords onto the suspension, although the free end of the whoopie slings should act in that way.

I have the same problem with my DD hammock and 3m Tarp, they only just fit inunder the tarp. going to get myself a 4.5m one soon.

BTW got the 25th off so will be along next month :)

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I think I've got some rubber grommets from a consumer unit down the shed. What I've done to my tarp is cut a small slit in them and fed the line through. Works great as a drip stopper and can be moved easily up and down the line. Will have a look tonight and see if I can find them, people are more than welcome to them if they think it will be of use. Of course, that's if i can find them, my shed is as far from organised as you can imagine.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Is that the one with the rear orientated downward projecting entrenching device?

I believe it's also fitted with active anti-corrosion control. ;)

on both counts, that was down to the driver/owner having no idea on how to drive or weld/clean/paint not the vehicle. Stop being mean to the Disco.

And FYI, I've worked out how to use the battery pack now. It's not an instant jump starter, you have to leave it on (and switched on, which also helps) for 5-10 mins to boost the battery. Worked fine on the Disco after it had a flat battery from not being used for ages

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Robin will you be picking up your home made fire grate on arrival.
IF so it is just south of the point you saw (20 feet) it last, next to a tree with my stall in it.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Robin will you be picking up your home made fire grate on arrival.
IF so it is just south of the point you saw (20 feet) it last, next to a tree with my stall in it.

Forgot all about that! Is anyone bringing some road pins to support it?

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
the guys i was gonna go camping with cancelled. so i can make it :)
1 Neumo
2 Spandit (both nights)
3 Kep (possibly +2 depending on the boys exams and their other commitments)
4 SimonH - I'll bring some organic burgers for Spandit because he's such a terrific guy
5 widu13 plus mob.
6 Hugo
7 Swallow + 1
8 Jack
9 Sparex - (both nights)
10 peter_t
11 Wildbill
12 Loenja (il do my best to come)
13 coldmale85 (both nights)
14 beansprout + 1 (one night)
15 Hemdale (one night: Sat 21st)

Beansprout

Tenderfoot
We're gonna be staying the Friday night me thinks.

I'm going to attempt to make a uc and some whoopies for friday night... hopefully getting the shizz in the post tomorrow at work do to it. Ye gods it will take all my will power to not play with it while at work.

"... must... attempt .. splicing amsteel.. with a paperclip....."

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We're gonna be staying the Friday night me thinks.

I'm going to attempt to make a uc and some whoopies for friday night... hopefully getting the shizz in the post tomorrow at work do to it. Ye gods it will take all my will power to not play with it while at work.

"... must... attempt .. splicing amsteel.. with a paperclip....."

Resnikov has used the copper from a network cable for this.

Beansprout

Tenderfoot
I'm not sure my Boss would be best pleased with me ripping up the network cables from the server in a mad excitement when I get the magic package through the post :D ... pretty sure my colleagues don't know what a hammock is..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE