Sussex Bushcraft group meet for APRIL: 21st/22nd at Broadstone Warren - FORGE Time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Get yourself a decent sleeping bag as you will need one of those wherever you end up sleeping. That bag looks good & you have a lot of choice at that price range. A mat is also a good thing to have. After that you can think about a bivi-bag or hammock, with a tarp of some kind. All can be found fairly cheaply with hammocks & tarps being found at £30 odd a piece if not cheaper. A tent may be a good way to go if you think you will get the use out of one but many ground dwellers at our meets just use a tarp as top cover.

Hi Neumo,

Thanks for the advice.

I have no idea what kind of hammock / tarp to get. Would anyone be able to lend me one for the night ? I still need to improve my knowledge on these two things.
Many thanks :hammock:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have no idea what kind of hammock / tarp to get. Would anyone be able to lend me one for the night ?

Yes I keep my old 3x3m DD Tarp in the back of the car for emergencies, so you can give that a go if you want. Can probably dig out my old 'Ticket to the Moon' hammock as well; these a good value for money & a good way to get into hammocking. I will be bringing along my bridge hammock to show spandit, so you can have a look at that as well if you want.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Ignoring the children for a moment. I bought a Tenth Wonder hammock from eBay. They're only about £17 & I'm pleased with it. Might upgrade to a bridge at some point

Simon - I'm bringing sausages too, I anticipate a love triangle...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
@veryWildBill

Wow, that's a lot of money - perhaps that's what they're worth now but I thought it would be cheaper! Hardly suitable for backpacking, though, is it?:D

Beansprout

Tenderfoot
Beansprout +1 confirmed ^^

I hope you guys don't mind but I've invited a few swingers from hammockforums.com... one of them is a lady-type, so behave*
* and she'll be bringing her boyfriend, so double-behave

Haha that'll be me then :D

I bought a Tenth Wonder hammock from eBay. They're only about £17 & I'm pleased with it.
I have no idea what kind of hammock / tarp to get. Would anyone be able to lend me one for the night ?

Our kit is all Tenth Wonder, we have 2 XL extra wide hammocks, and a spare Extra long one, so I could try and remember to bring the spare for you Hemdale :)

Adam (Bloke) is looking forward to the Forge-er-ing

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Yes I keep my old 3x3m DD Tarp in the back of the car for emergencies, so you can give that a go if you want. Can probably dig out my old 'Ticket to the Moon' hammock as well; these a good value for money & a good way to get into hammocking. I will be bringing along my bridge hammock to show spandit, so you can have a look at that as well if you want.

Many thanks Neumo, that will help me a lot !! :You_Rock_

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
@veryWildBill

Wow, that's a lot of money - perhaps that's what they're worth now but I thought it would be cheaper! Hardly suitable for backpacking, though, is it?:D

I paid double that for mine delivered and am well pleased with it.
I am lacking a forge unfortunately, I like to think big on these things but might make a small one like Dave's.
Did I tell you guys that I like a good sausage, preferably in a buttered roll and handed to me with a mug of tea in the morning. :rolleyes:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
It looks like we will be at the May meet, Rumclet has got the Friday off, I just got to get it confirmed tomorrow :)

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
1 Neumo
2 Spandit (both nights)
3 Kep (possibly +2 depending on the boys exams and their other commitments)
4 SimonH - I'll bring some organic burgers for Spandit because he's such a terrific guy
5 widu13 plus mob.
6 Hugo
7 Swallow + 1
8 Jack
9 Sparex - (both nights)
10 peter_t
11 Wildbill
12 Loenja (il do my best to come) sorry cant make it :(
13 coldmale85 (both nights)
14 beansprout + 1 (one night)
15 Hemdale (one night: Sat 21st)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Not to worry Leonja, we have plenty more booked and the summer has yet to start...

It looks like we will be at the May meet, Rumclet has got the Friday off, I just got to get it confirmed tomorrow

That sounds great. I will get the May thread up after next weeks meet is done, then just add your name sot the list. Will be good to meet you guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE