Sussex Bushcraft August meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
To the right of the chute when you approached from the road. The kids and I found it on Sat when we turned up but there were loads of containers and thought they had been filled there. Used of our all 20 litres though.

Rico

Aug 23, 2010
Betchworth, Surrey
For a parachute and a kettle? Someone would have to take the 'chute home to dry it out anyway. I wouldn't be prepared to rent a storage facility, we'd have to start charging membership fees for the group which would spoil the loose conglomerate dynamic...

Bit OTT isnt it?.

It's only a suggestion! And I meant something like a locker, not a warehouse or shipping container. We were just trying to think of a solution to having the gear local and accessible. Nobody seems to want the burden of looking after the chute, and for the last couple of meets, Jack has ended up taking it back to Surrey with him which is not really ideal, especially if he can't make it for whatever reason.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I'll be able to home the chute again by September's meet when I get my free weekends back. I was going to buy one of those kettles too for my weekend stuff, so there's no reason it can't come to the meets after September (Greenman have got them for sale).

TimD

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2011
Coulsdon
Hmmm! If we can wait Simone is going to SA for 3 weeks in December. Sure I could persuade her to use it as a handbag for the return journey ;-).

(Maybe not then, she didn't see the funny side. Lol)

Tim

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Is Jack coming to next week's meet? I could do with my bits back, that he kindly looked after for me after my early departure last time.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thought id bring the list back to the fore

1. Verywildbill
2. Rico
3. Neumo

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Only 3 of us at this meet? Sounds like t will be a quiet one then. Hopefully we can get some more takers for this before the weekend.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Sorry guys, not coming to this one or Septembers, but I have got Neumo's kit and the parachute, so if anyone is passing Gatwick way and is willing to grab these bits...

I've also managed to blag some little net bags for the 'chute strings, not quite enough for all of them but it's a start. So thanks to Persil (and a little white lie) we have 15. Not going to have time to attach them myself before the meet, but if you guys are intending to use it, it will make whoever takes it home to dry out life a lot easier if the strings are managed a bit better.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
good idea on the bags Jack, i normally just hank all my guy lines up on the chute, gets a bit tiresome after doing a dozen though:(

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Even hanked they still got in a right mess and took ages to untangle, but being sopping wet probably didn't help. Still think they should be hanked, but won't drop out as easily if they are then popped into bags. I was going to stitch tack them onto the tails left on the 'chute so they would be a (semi) permanent feature, but time is against me and I've been banned from having it in the house or barn because of the smell of smoke. Thinking about it, they might prusik on to the top of the line.

Rico

Aug 23, 2010
Betchworth, Surrey
Sorry guys, not coming to this one or Septembers, but I have got Neumo's kit and the parachute, so if anyone is passing Gatwick way and is willing to grab these bits...

I could pick them up on my way down on Saturday. However, the reason i'm not going on Friday, is i'm on standby for emergency callout work that night, and if I end up working all night, I probably won't go Saturday either. It's unlikely, as work's been quiet lately, but it means I can't make any guarantees.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I could pick them up on my way down on Saturday. However, the reason i'm not going on Friday, is i'm on standby for emergency callout work that night, and if I end up working all night, I probably won't go Saturday either. It's unlikely, as work's been quiet lately, but it means I can't make any guarantees.

Cool Rico, well let me know, we could meet up at the farm in the morning. How's the finger and toe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE