Sussex Bushcraft August meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
As this one is earlier than usual I thought I'd better get it posted

August meet is booked for 17th-19th and we are on D13

Usual rules terms and conditions as per previous posts.

1. Verywildbill

Rico

Aug 23, 2010
Betchworth, Surrey
I'll probably only be able to make the Saturday night this time.

There was talk at the last meet of possibly doing a group buy on a large camp kettle that we can keep with the chute.

Is anyone interested?

1. Verywildbill
2. Rico

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I'll probably only be able to make the Saturday night this time.

There was talk at the last meet of possibly doing a group buy on a large camp kettle that we can keep with the chute.

Is anyone interested?

That's a good idea. I thought of that a couple of meets back and had been considering getting something like that.

I'm in for a group buy on that, I won't make this meet as we are at the Wilderness Gathering.

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I had a fantastic time at the Moot & got back on Monday night. While I was there I was thinking I should have put a thread up, so thanks for doing that Bill. I will be there from Friday to Sunday:

1. Verywildbill
2. Rico
3. Neumo

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Nowt wrong with an ali kettle Bill, lots of trangia kettles last time and they're a heck of a lot thinner than camp kettles. I'm up for one. Edit: I see the Kirtley kettles are out now Rico. What price did the man agree to? £40 delivered on the bay of fleas.

Do I remember Pete saying he would price up the "seconds" climbing rope? I can't understand what was wrong with the £9 utility rope made from desiccant fabric in the rain :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Nowt wrong with an ali kettle Bill, lots of trangia kettles last time and they're a heck of a lot thinner than camp kettles. I'm up for one. Edit: I see the Kirtley kettles are out now Rico. What price did the man agree to? £40 delivered on the bay of fleas.

Do I remember Pete saying he would price up the "seconds" climbing rope? I can't understand what was wrong with the £9 utility rope made from desiccant fabric in the rain :rolleyes:

Thickness wasn't why I pulled back from this. I don't use Aluminum for cooking anything. But that's my thing so not trying to veto if everyone else is happy to crack on.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'll be up for kettle GB. Might make the meet but won't know until last minute & might have to make a midnight flit (aka. "doing a Hugo" ;))

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'll be up for kettle GB. Might make the meet but won't know until last minute & might have to make a midnight flit (aka. "doing a Hugo" ;))

You might call it doing a Hugo, I call it being unwell and going home to the comforts it offers.
Group buy on a kettle a, there will still be people who will still not bring any water to put in it, but want to use it, so I am not in favour, we could end up with group everything and somebody has to lug all the stuff around, washing drying airing, that's my tuppence worth. :p

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I didn't wish to mock, Hugo, sorry if I caused any offence.

If Paul is doing us a discount on these kettles I might buy one myself anyway

Rico

Aug 23, 2010
Betchworth, Surrey
Paul isn't going to have the kettles for sale before the next meet, so if we want one by then, it'll have to come from another retailer.
Like spandit, i'm also thinking of getting one for myself (only a 2.5 litre though) which i'll bring with me on the Saturday .

Hugo, the water shouldn't be so much of an issue when we're on pitches with standpipes.
As for storing group kit, Jack and I were discussing this. We thought that perhaps a storage unit in East Grinstead would be a good idea. They have pin number locks so there would be no need to pass a key around. I don't know what the rent is on one though.

Last edited:

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
We thought that perhaps a storage unit in East Grinstead would be a good idea

For a parachute and a kettle? Someone would have to take the 'chute home to dry it out anyway. I wouldn't be prepared to rent a storage facility, we'd have to start charging membership fees for the group which would spoil the loose conglomerate dynamic...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
We thought that perhaps a storage unit in East Grinstead would be a good idea. They have pin number locks so there would be no need to pass a key around. I don't know what the rent is on one though.

Bit OTT isnt it?.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE