Survivorman knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looks lovely.
Might be a tad uncomfortable using the chest leaver grip with that pointy back end, but that depends on the length.
Looks spot on for everything else though.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I like that!

Always fancied a Helle but not quite enough to have one. Dependant on how many of my hard earned it is, I might just make this the one. The sheath is a bit of a deal breaker being ambi and I'm a lefty, wish they would do that more often!

I look forward to finding more out!

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Evening all!

I've just had a look on his website, the first run with laminate carbon steel blade is $179.99, whats that in pounds, about 120?

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
$179.99 plus delivery - the limited edition run is available on pre-order from Les's online shop http://shop.lesstroud.ca/product/les-stroud-signature-knife-the-temagami-pre-order

Depending on how you look at things that's either a slightly hiked up price for a Helle or the cheapest signature knife ever.

I just pre-ordered two :D

Granted, they won't make the same investment potential of other endorsed knives, but I have a lot of time for the actual realities of outdoor survival in the shows that Les produces that makes such a refreshing change to the showboat/boyscout approach.

I might not live well in my old age off the proceeds of selling them in years to come but, like I said, depending on your perspective it's either a slightly pricey Helle or the cheapest signature knife ever...

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Looks like a scandi blade on an American style hunting knife handle. Not my choice aestheticaly but it probably works very well.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Granted, they won't make the same investment potential of other endorsed knives ....

Oh I'm not sure about that, if they are a limited run then there's a pretty big audience over the pond who'll probably pay big bucks to get one once they've sold out.

Last edited:

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Oh I'm not sure about that, if they are a limited run then there's a pretty big audience over the pong who'll probably pay big bucks to get one once they've sold out.

Well, that price is definitely for the pre-ordered signature run, so you will get one of the first 500 laminated carbon knives. The second run is laminated stainless. After that you can buy the standard, non-signature of both.

Looks like a scandi blade on an American style hunting knife handle...

I think you just described another well-known endorsed knife perfectly :D

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
They work out at £126.16 each including delivery, according to the amount just deducted from my bank account.

Go on ...

... you know you want to ...

:)

EDITED:

Just to put this into perspective, Les's signature knife is a fiver more than a black blade Fällkniven F1 with Thermorun handle from Hennie's, a lot less than half the price of a Micarta handled F1, and ...

... seriously - bargain time :D

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like the futura i had for years, great knife. A friend is still using the same knife now.
If i had the spare cash / "get away without my better half noticing" i would buy one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE