Surviving "the bomb"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Tell what?

What happened to the Japanese is nothing compared to what could happen in a global nuclear war. Note I said "planet." And at the moment, it's hard to imagine a different scenario when it comes to the use of nuclear weapons today. If you want to hide in a hole in the ground, feel free and good luck. It's not for me. Don't forget your BOB.

"What happened to the Japanese is nothing"
LOL
No sorry, what happened to Nagasaki and Hiroshima, is exactly, what would happen to your little part of the world, in the event of a nuclear attack. Nothing to you maybe.
Also, im not the type, to hide in a hole, or worry about what i cant control.
Cheers.
Ammo.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
"What happened to the Japanese is nothing"
LOL
No sorry, what happened to Nagasaki and Hiroshima, is exactly, what would happen to your little part of the world, in the event of a nuclear attack. Nothing to you maybe.
Also, im not the type, to hide in a hole, or worry about what i cant control.
Cheers.
Ammo.

Quoting out of context. For what reason? And the rest of your post doesn't contradict anything I've said.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I don't see this ever happening here in our lifetimes, maybe years ago when the cold war was still going along but now thanks to nato etc.. things have calmed down. The real threat comes from 10 or so nutjobs with a load of pe4 or equivalent and an old banger that blends right in to a city center street.

Tonyuk

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...thanks to nato etc.. things have calmed down..."

I've already been on here and warned about things not getting political so I'm biting my tongue a bit here, the views on NATO's 'calming' influence from those living further east are quite a bit different. :)

It is quite depressing that there is a conversation about whether we might survive a nuclear war or not rather than wouldn't it be a good idea just not to have them in the first place.

Maybe the machines will save us.

judgment_day.png

:)

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
I think I'll leave that part to a certain TV celebrity... and hope there will be no bombs...
It was meant a a sarcastic comment :) but as it happens I'm sure grylls would enjoy. It's just ridiculous the scare mongering that goes on with the news. Glad I don't watch telly lol

Sent from my SM-G110H using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't see this ever happening here in our lifetimes, maybe years ago when the cold war was still going along but now thanks to nato etc.. things have calmed down. The real threat comes from 10 or so nutjobs with a load of pe4 or equivalent and an old banger that blends right in to a city center street.

Tonyuk

Actually there's a growing threat (though for now a bit far fetched) that one of those nutjobs might be able to produce a rudimentary nuke. A far and distant threat ATM; but a possibility none-the-less.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Can't recall any scaremongering on the news, unless actually saying what is happening is scaremongering. A fizzle is to be feared as well as a bomb that goes bang. Slowly reacting but not going off could pollute huge areas as could another trick we learnt to be wary of but won't give details.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Normally I would say that survival is a roll of the dice with knowledge and skill skewing the odds in your favour. Sadly in the event of things going nuclear there will be no safe places only choices between dangerous ones.
So for anybody planning to bug-out in the event of Nuclear Armageddon or looking for a place to go build an off-grid cabin or bunker here's a link to a Nuclear Blast simulator.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Didn't bother checking the original link honestly I have zero interest to survive in a post nuke world. I say bend over stick yer head between yer legs and kiss the butt good bye. Each their own I'm not living in a hole. I've seen the movie threads and the day after when they were new was a kid at the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE