surströmming

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Vile, foul, evil, disgusting stuff. Doubtless a trick played on tourists by those wily Swedes "go on, have a nice big mouthful of half-rotted fish, we eat it all the time, honest we do."

Someone made the mistake of buying a big tin of it on my last Sweden trip. We did the only thing it was fit for - put it on the fire without opening the tin first (YES I KNOW THAT'S A BAD THING TO DO!), and had to tolerate exploded stinky fish evilness for the rest of the night...

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Mmmmnnn, tasty.

Would be good served with a platter of Pork brains in milk, Belachan, Kiviak and Durian fruit. All topped off with Sloe juice :)

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Tradition has it that when presented a tin of this stuff as a gift, one should smile, thank the giver for the generous gift and then discreetly bury it in a block of concrete no less that 60 cubic centimetres. The alternative is to pierce the tin and place it in the engine bay of the givers vehicle :)

forestwalker

Fairly strong smell, taste is ok but a bit strong. For your own sake do not dispose of the leftovers indoors. Perhaps even eat it outdoors. My personal opinion is that it is ok, others love it, some hate it. Traditionally eaten with boiled potatoes, sour cream, chives and/or chopped onions on flatbread.

I can pick up cans in any grocery store here and mail to anyone interested, unless there is a postal regulation banning it (for price+postage, naturally).

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Fairly strong smell, taste is ok but a bit strong. For your own sake do not dispose of the leftovers indoors. Perhaps even eat it outdoors. My personal opinion is that it is ok, others love it, some hate it. Traditionally eaten with boiled potatoes, sour cream, chives and/or chopped onions on flatbread.

I can pick up cans in any grocery store here and mail to anyone interested, unless there is a postal regulation banning it (for price+postage, naturally).

Swap you for a deep fried haggis and aa deep fried marsbar? lol

forestwalker

Swap you for a deep fried haggis and aa deep fried marsbar? lol

Nope. One is food (evwn if pungent and not to everyones taste), one is an abomination. When I want haggis the next time I'll cook my own. Acutally, I would be more likely to make the Swedish equivalent -- pölsa -- which is made with various "meat bits" and *barley*.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE