Surplus and Adventure (AGAIN!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A long and seemingly ongoing saga. So I’m going to bore you all again with the bad service I have had from Surplus and Adventure. Because I think they deserve a kick up the posterior for being so slack. I will not be shopping with them again.

To cut a long story short, I placed a very simple order with them (Ammo Box). Almost 50% of the cost of this order was postage, and although at nearly £7.00 and rather expensive for a shipping cost, I really wanted this item. So at this price you would expect a speedy delivery like all other successful internet retailers.

10 days down the line, this “in stock” item has not arrived. I’ve sent a chaser email only to be informed I should wait up to 28 days. NOT ACCEPTABLE in today’s internet economy and in an industry as competitive as the outdoor pursuits. So I canceled. Let’s just hope the money goes back on my card!

So – Here begins the search for some decent 50 cal ammo boxes. Groan…………….hc

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
these people dont deserve to be in bussiness after all the stories i,ve heard and all the ones i hav,nt.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Plenty of other places to pick this stuff up from. Basically, what needs to be taken away from this is if you ever order from S&A then you MUST call in advance to see if your items are sat on the shelf awaiting immediate dispatch. If they are not, don't order from them. they have a few items that are great value and personally I cannot remember having a problem with them but I do believe the countless people that have stepped onto the forum and complained about their customer service. I believe at one point one of the people from S&A joined here to fight their corner but IMO their customer service has been proven so many times to be non-existent that I would advise people to steer well clear of them. Such a shame.

It has all got very exciting now…!

I cancelled the order and as Surplus and Adventure have never dispatched anything they promised a full refund by phone and email.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE and they have taken full payment…! Most companies only take payment on dispatch of an order.

So I have had to contact my bank who is now starting a Dispute Resolution so that if things aren’t resolved quickly, they will take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

All over less than £20.00…!

I wouldn’t recommend touching Surplus and Adventure with a barge pole…..hc

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Seems to me they continue getting the sort of feedback they so rightly deserve. There is no doubt you'll get your money back, but I hope others can learn from your experiences.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I wonder how they are still trading today?

I'm assuming they have a good relationship with locals, but some idiot working the Internet sales.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Yes Jasper has them in now not sure if their the size you want, dimensions are L280mm W140mm H190mm cost a fiver a piece like new..

Hope this helps

Ben

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Thanks for posting this. I have just ordered a Snugpak Sleeka jacket. The price from Surplus and Adventure was among the best I could find but having read this and other threads regarding this company I decided to order it elsewhere.

Forewarned is definitely forearmed. :)

Martin

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
Yep, I ordered a load of stuff from them earlier in the year. Some of it was an absolute bargain, that's how they hook you in. The only things to arrive were 4 pairs of norwegian surplus trousers. They were in 2 different sizes but they arrived. Everything else (a load of stuff) never did. After loads of emails being told completely different stories I gave up and got legal advice. After threatening them with court if I didn't get a partial refund within 48 hours they issued the refund immediately.
Same as lots of others here I've been really impressed with surplusandoutdoors, the only time something has been missing from my order as soon as I contacted them I was given an apology, a full explanation as to how it happened and was given the choice of the item refunded immediately or waiting the couple of days until it came back into stock. The real test of a good firm is how they behave when they get it a bit wrong. Can't fault them. Incidentally I bought some perfect nick ammo boxes from them recently.
I've had mixed service from Genuinearmysurplus, I'll not bore you with all the details but I eventually got all my goods after many emails (always unanswered) and plenty of phonecalls. I must admit though that after being told "We're really sorry but we lost your address again, then they were out of stock... blah blah blah" repeatedly I'd think twice before doing business with them again. They were always very pleasant on the phone in their defence, they do seem to run the online part of the business a bit half arsed though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE