Surgical Tubing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Right chaps, I'm on a hunt to find around 3 metres of 9mm surgical tubing. Ideally some colour other than raw latex.

I've found some at around £4/metre but I'm suffering from a bout of regional stereotyping: I can't help feeling that's a bit too expensive.

Can anyone recommend a decent source?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Would silicone tubing (as used in aquariums) meet your requirements?

Its a lot less expensive, and being silicone, has good durability.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Would silicone tubing (as used in aquariums) meet your requirements?

Its a lot less expensive, and being silicone, has good durability.

Sadly no, I need something with a lot of elasticity. I have yards of the silicone stuff but it just does have the right properties. Thanks for the suggestion though

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
Have a call round a few Dive shops. Technical divers use surgical tubing for keeping hoses etc tidy on long dives. Although only really ever seen the standard yellow stuff.

I used to use it for hoses years ago and it was always very cheap to get hold of.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I hope it's not for 'Main lining'.:eek::eek::eek:

Goodness no, tea's about as strong as it gets. I'm not quite ready for intravenous Earl Grey

I have a couple of projects in mind: First up is a set of tarp tensioners, then we have the ubiquitous blow poker and finally I've just rediscovered my childhood 'catty' but the lines have perished. Each project has a number of alternatives but surgical tubing would address them all.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
A-ha! Problem solved. I found a local school having a refit and they were throwing out a load of 'stuff'. Had a word with the Bursar and he was happy for me to make off with some network gear and 3 foot of bunsen burner tubing - not quite as stretchy as latex but to quote the good man "the little buggers are always using it to make catapults!"

Worth a try I guess

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE