Summer In South East Tennessee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well...I've been pretty busy with work lately so not around as much as I'd like... I just thought I'd share some of the pics I've shot while I've been out working.

Our deer population seems to still be pretty healthy. The young buck just stared at me between bites and seemed not too concerned with my presence. The doe was a different story. I saw her going through some tall grass and heading around one side of a small knoll...so I went around the other side and set up an “ambush”. Judging by the look of her utter as she was running away it looks like she is nursing young.

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0739.jpg

Hey, would you look at that...

DSC_0880.jpg

I'm not sure what that is he's pointing at me...

DSC_0881.jpg

But I'm not takin' any chances!!

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

The rabbit population seems to be doing better this year than previous years. I've noticed a dramatic decrease in coyote sign.

DSC_9940.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Last edited:
The personal tools on the last few outings

DSC_2983.jpg

The Armageddon does an awesome job on the big heavy briers and slices right through with just a flick of the wrist

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

DSC_3528.jpg

DSC_3521.jpg

Which makes getting to the blackberries much easier! Some good sweet ones this year, but we really need some rain! Some are looking pretty rough...

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_9949.jpg

DSC_9953.jpg

DSC_3430.jpg

As I said, it's really dry and dusty here right now, we're supposed to get some rain this weekend, I really hope we do. That's not mist or fog in the background but a dusty haze.

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

DSC_3027.jpg

Lots of insects in the fields...

DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0497c.jpg

Lots of thistle drying out for good tinder later...considering the sunburn I got today I wasn't really interested in a fire...

DSC_0919.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Good to see you back Brian... some cracking pictures there, thanks for sharing them with us :)

Shame we can't send you some of the rain we've been having of late, we wouldn't miss it much :rolleyes::lmao:

Good to see you back Brian... some cracking pictures there, thanks for sharing them with us :)

Shame we can't send you some of the rain we've been having of late, we wouldn't miss it much :rolleyes::lmao:

Thanks man, I am around a bit, but seldom have time to post lately...mainly just taking a few moments to live vicariously through someone else's photos of another place. I need to at least make the effort tp reply more than I do.

I've heard you have been getting a lot of rain over there this year so I figured that's where all our rain went :) We have gotten a bit lately but still way behind.

As always, great pics, thanks for posting. :)

Thanks sandbender, glad you enjoyed the post.

Fantastic pics Brian! the Passion fruit flower is stunning! and what is the little knife with hammon type pattern? looks great:)

Thanks Southey, I remember the first time I found a patch of those as a kid and thinking it looked like an alien flower.

The little knife is an early prototype of the Becker Knife & Tool BK-11CSM with the after market micarta scales on it. It was sort of a birthday gift from Ethan Becker. The production model has a full flat grind, this one has a high saber grind...this one is also sterile. It's very sentimental to me and goes with me on a lot of hikes. They seem to be becoming rare these days. That hammon is caused from the forge-welding of the three layers of steel.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Paul, glad you enjoyed the pics.

Some great pictures there. It looks like a beautiful place.

Thanks Danny, glad you liked them. Yes I think so too, it is one of my favorite places to hike.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Very nice pic's Mistwalker,glad your back posting these,some cracking macro shot's,you seem to be having the exact opposite weather as we are getting here at the moment.

Very nice pic's Mistwalker,glad your back posting these,some cracking macro shot's,you seem to be having the exact opposite weather as we are getting here at the moment.

Thanks Andy, but the dry spell seems to have broken...rain all day the last few days, a couple of days more from what the weather says. I should get some more vibrant colored shots soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE