Suggestions on Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
I've made my own, I've forged my own and I use them.
BUT, I've been to Dave's workshop and seen his work and I have to say I liked what I saw........A LOT.:D
I'm saving up for one.......Don't tell "SW sometimes MBO":nono:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I know that it's not "hand made" and not made in the UK, but if you want a UK style, UK designed, bushcraft knife, in the US, you could do a lot worse than checking out the Spyderco Bushcraft Knife. :D If you check the right side of the blade you will notice a familiar logo ;)

You could also check out the Bushcraft North West's offering which I spotted the other day.

If you were in the UK, then it would make sense to look to the makers already listed, but since you are in the US, and the exchange rate works against you, the above are valid options.

Hey Folks-

Looking for a new Bushcraft Knife from UK. Any suggestions besides Bernie Garland?

I'll pass comment on HillBill's work as well. I got one from him a few weeks back and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with it. Great bloke to chat with as well.

I might be bold to suggest that choosing or commissioning something from someone who is up and coming might not be a bad thing in it's own right, especially if you might feel the need to be proud about it if and when it generates interest at your local level. I realised I had someone very local to me making knives. That made the biggest difference to me and I suspect I'd still be playing with a Frost Mora if I hadn't had the opportunity to see it in person first.

Not implying anything disrespectful about anyone established, just saying that everyone had to start somewhere and make their own mark :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE