Suffolk Bushcraft Monthly Meet Friday 4th and Saturday 5th October 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Me too, bag still packed after not making it last month:)

LOL... dont get side tracked this month...

I am going to start to look at the winterisation of kit, maybe start to look at using a camp bed...rather then flooring it.. but still using Blankets trying to work out how to boonie it for a boonie night in Nov possibly

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
LOL... dont get side tracked this month...

I am going to start to look at the winterisation of kit, maybe start to look at using a camp bed...rather then flooring it.. but still using Blankets trying to work out how to boonie it for a boonie night in Nov possibly

Camp bed or thermarest is definitely the way to go in winter, still with a tarp configuration. Novembers not too bad.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Camp bed or thermarest is definitely the way to go in winter, still with a tarp configuration. Novembers not too bad.

Yeah... just for the meets, I want to experiment with the Ground Dwelling V Swinging for comfort, less Wee trips in the dark...ect, I am ok with Ground Dwelling but like to be able to sit on something to put boots on... also will be buying some slippers for night Wee trips..lol

i'll still just use nowt if I winter Boone...push the boundrys... and find out..

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cant really fault my thermarest trail pro, 2'' thick when puffed up and so much warmer than my old ones which were 1 1/2'' and it is smaller too

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Less then a week to go, now getting excited..need to have a couple of nights out again :)

We have two 3D Archery Targets that will be making their first aperance, so if your a regular and have a Bow your welcome to bring it.

Any more takers Yet?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I will be at the Compasses at 12 for a quick one, then up to the woods.

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - Early Eve - Friday
2. SJStuart - Afternoon/Early Evening Friday (staying to the end)
3. Chris - 12 at the Compasses all weekend
4. Amjake - both nights arrive pm Fri
5. SeanI - both nights arrive pm Fri

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Was looking at turning up at about 16:00 on Friday 4th October can make earlier if that helps.

Chris will be at the compasses at miday if you can make it, its a bit if a hike with out a car from the woods, if not i'll be at the compasses at 18:00, unless Chris wants a walk. At the mo I still have not heard about the access to the woods by car.

I am not sure what time others will be ariving.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I will be at the pub at 12 then up to the woods, if anyone cant make it for then let me know and I will PM my number and meet at the pub

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
List of Attending
1. Big Stu - 6pm - Friday
2. SJStuart - Afternoon/Early Evening Friday (staying to the end)
3. Chris
4. Amjake - both nights arrive pm Fri
5. SeanI - both nights arrive pm Fri
6. Bryan (ARRIVE Saturday am)
7. Roman-soldier (Paul) both nights arrive pm Fri

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one Bryan and Paul, Have added you to the list, see you at the site :)

Just so that people know and are new, Chris (ozzy1977) has offered to meet newcomers at the pub at 16:00 hrs if required, please PM him to arrange.. He will not be there unless it is arranged..

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
OK been out tonight and purchased a cheap camp bed... lets see how I sleep on that :)... if its a bit more comfortable then the floor and it stops me weeing like a hammock does.., I'll get a better one... still going with blankets tho.

Have a good one guys, sorry I can't make this one, but I'm busy mancaving, lol.

Ok mate we will do our best, no doubt there will be pics taken...:), see you at the next one :), have fun with the Mancave:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Not yet heard Mate, I will post on here if I do, I will take my Disco round the long way so to get heavy stuff there, like the Targets ect..prob on the Sat Morn :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Text from Richard Stansfeild.. He will be there as well, on Saturday :)

Looks like a nice meet building with lots of different experiance's..... so should be an intersting one:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE