Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Thanks urbansurvivor. I had already watched a few youtube videos, just didnt want to have to do it just yet without supervision. From what you have said I am assuming its gutted as its from the butchers and they would have known that. maybe they have just left the edible organs inside? (Hopefully)

Guys, if all is well at home I will be with you before lunch tomorrow at the latest, have fun tonight! :cool:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I've just had a message from Stu, saying he may not make it for this meet, he's not feeling great, but he may come down for a few hours tomorrow.
Jake I'll be at the pub as near to 1 as I can. If your there before me, I'll be in the green Mitsubishi L200. Might be just us tonight.
Chris, hope all is well and I'll see you, Bryan and Mike tomorrow.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Good luck for tonight boys! It's not nice out here. I am currently sitting in an up turned wheel Barrow in a copse in front of a fire. It's wet and windy and I am supposed to be blowing up leaves! Got my drink and bag of peanuts so I am on at the moment.

Watch out for those widow makers, it's a gusty one!

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Home and showered, feeling more human now. Great weekend guys, despite the rain and wind. If anyone has pics, please post them here. Cheers guys, look forward to seeing you all next month.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sounds like it was a good weekend, I am just sooooo Peeeeved that I feel so ****, and Missed this one, this is now the 5th day of feeling like it....... I am off to the Doc's Tomorrow Morning,

We have to sort out the Christmas Dinner Meet, I am not sure what Peeps are thinking about it, Think we have Three Options

Early December 4th to 6th - I think its too near

Mid December 11th to 13th December

OR do we go for after Xmas 28th to 30th with a Dinner.. mainly so peeps can play with toys.... and get out the house....

On any of these I can only visit daily due to Pup, I may be able to bring her on the last one depends on how injections fall,

It would also be nice to get the group up and really running again as we seem to have stagnated this year, so I think Skill Shares to help pass on knowledge would be good, so each month if some one can volunteer, we can get it going again. its surprising how often even something small learnt out of a book, and then passed on in a Skill Share can grow interest and also everyone's knowledge

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
11th to 13th is best for me, can't do 28th to 30th.
Sorry to hear you're still crook, hope it's sorted soon.
I'm happy to to do another skill share, cordage, shelter, traps?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well, what do you know, after spending from Wednesday night to Saturday morning in bed, and then in and out of bed until this morning, I had samples taken, tests arranged, and now on Anti B's, with a revisit back to get results next Wednesday... looks like hopefully I just have a kidney infection... and the AB's will sort.

the give away clue to the Doc, was the amount of water I was drinking, and how many times I was peeing.... and a small amount of discomfort... trouble is I always pee a lot if I am ill, once I peed in a sample bottle this morning I could see how bad it looked...... how many times do you look when peeing in the loo... or in the urinal when your not well, you just want to get back to bed... so lesson learnt.... from time to time pee, in a glass if you have discomfort......there was a bit of Blood in the sample... could I see it ... NO.. so how would I see it in the loooo.... but you could see how cloudy it was, and the colour was off..... once it was in the sample jars

Guess what I'll be doing next time I am ill, glassing it,

I also hold a lot in the Bristol Scale.... found that to works out right again, how it can tell you a lot about your body....

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
On a good note... I get my BusyPal on Friday... at least what I have is not catching... I was getting worried......

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Vic and I can only do the the 11th-13th.

hope the pills from the vet sort you out soon. When Vic was a student nurse she was quite fascinated with the Bristol stool scale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE