Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Just to let you know, I'm still going, aiming to be there about 10am Sat morning, hoping to be able to get the land rover up there, could someone message me in the morning to say whether its possible or not?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Mike, I'm just about to leave for the meet. Give me a ring in the morning, and I'll walk down and meet you at the car park. I'll be in the wife's Nissan Note.

See you guy's tomorrow.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
And of course if you are having problems, tell some one.. and let them know, there is no shame in asking for help... ok they may moan when you wake them, but hey better a moan then Hypothermia...

My fall back plan was actually to walk home if it got so bad then sneak back before dawn and you would all be none the wiser :lmao:

Not really! I will be only cheating myself then and you would all be wondering where I got my hot nesspresso coffee from :p :p :p

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Cold one on Friday night -1 or -2, but I was warm in front of the fire, and in my pit. Stu and Ruby turned up Saturday morning, and got set up, while I cooked my breakfast.
Beautiful crisp sunny day, with hardly a breeze. Spent the day inspecting some of the storm damage to the tree's and finding a good few to be cut. watched the shooters, in the bottom field, taking some Pheasant and Pigeon, then had a scout of where the best Plums, Sloes and Apples are, for later in the year, with all the rain we've had, it may be a bumper crop again. Headed back to camp to get some dinner going. and saw the farmers dog chasing a deer through the camp, also had a quick chat with the Gamekeeper. Then to get the fire going for dinner, and some heat for the evening. Relaxing around the fire for a few hours, chatting and sipping some spiced rum and watching the stars on a clear night. My pitch was an Eastwinds tent flysheet, that were being sold on the bay, a couple of years ago for £3 or £4, used my poncho for a ground sheet and a closed cell roll mat. I had modified my Czech bedroll, with two wool blankets buttoned under the sheet and added a lightweight one season sleeping bag. between the mat and the bedroll I put a Mylar emergency blanket. I was toasty both nights. Looking forward to the February meet now. It was good to meet Ruby Stu, she's a cracker.

Sitting here at the Blackmore farm B+B, gallery room in Somerset.

Last edited:

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Cold one on Friday night -1 or -2, but I was warm in front of the fire, and in my pit. Stu and Ruby turned up Saturday morning, and got set up, while I cooked my breakfast.
Beautiful crisp sunny day, with hardly a breeze. Spent the day inspecting some of the storm damage to the tree's and finding a good few to be cut. watched the shooters, in the bottom field, taking some Pheasant and Pigeon, then had a scout of where the best Plums, Sloes and Apples are, for later in the year, with all the rain we've had, it may be a bumper crop again. Headed back to camp to get some dinner going. and saw the farmers dog chasing a deer through the camp, also had a quick chat with the Gamekeeper. Then to get the fire going for dinner, and some heat for the evening. Relaxing around the fire for a few hours, chatting and sipping some spiced rum and watching the stars on a clear night. My pitch was an Eastwinds tent flysheet, that were being sold on the bay, a couple of years ago for £3 or £4, used my poncho for a ground sheet and a closed cell roll mat. I had modified my Czech bedroll, with two wool blankets buttoned under the sheet and added a lightweight one season sleeping bag. between the mat and the bedroll I put a Mylar emergency blanket. I was toasty both nights. Looking forward to the February meet now. It was good to meet Ruby Stu, she's a cracker.

Sitting here at the Blackmore farm B+B, gallery room in Somerset.

Sounds like I missed a good weekend Colin :( I pretty much done **** all all weekend while the other half has been in bed. There wasn't 10 minutes that went passed when I didn't look out the window and think it looked great weather for camping!

Fingers crossed I will see you in Feb

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
There is a very good chance that I can get out for the February meet, it should be Vic's weekend off. Hope it will be a cold one so I can use the wool blanket shirt thing I made last year.

ESL Jake

Sep 22, 2015
Bures,Essex
I'll leave it to the majority, were the meet is, just wanted to get the ball rolling, just thought of a place, that was easy to get to, with loads of parking, as some will be coming from outside of town, I am centre of town myself, also somewere quite were we can sit and chat, and if some one fancy's a bit to eat cause of time, its all there.

I ve just managed to get the afternoon off of Friday 27th, I hope the woods are not a no go, I am all exited, lol. Has anyone else got any suggestions of other sites that we may use as a fall back.

Must have missed this I have one place that can be used in Bures(it is a Scout site, close to river so would be good for canoe trip, they also have a couple of Canadians we could rent)
I am also working on another place, just have to meet owners and do a recce, this has no facilities at all though

ESL Jake

Sep 22, 2015
Bures,Essex
Having re-read Stu's post from around the 14th Jan I think he meant for the Jan meet
That aside I have still got the opportunity for the sites

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Hi guys. Hope everyone is well. Sorry I haven't been in touch for ages. Had a baby and time has flown past. He is 4 months old so life is starting to settle down a bit. Or more likely we are getting used to it. Would love to get back out with you all. Hopefully I could join you next time you go.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Zeon,

Great to hear from you, we were wondering how you where getting one the other meet, great news about the little one. Congrats for that.

we are out next week, we also have a face book group as well

Hope to see you soon

Stuart

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Sadly I can't make this meet in Feb but I'm going to do my damnist to make the next one. Can't wait to see you all again. Get back into the outdoors without the technology.
Hope you all are well. Catch you soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE