Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hello Mcavity, and welcome , Look forward to meeting you at the Meet, Ben has told me all about you...

Looks like its going to be an nice little meet

Hi guys, hope your all well! Got room for a big bad wolf at this next meet? I've got the 3rd off so would love to come over and catch up! 👋

To attend Please Paste and copy this post and add your name, also include the nights you will stay.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

1. Big Stu - Fri & Sat.
2. Colin - Fri & Sat
3. Jimbo75 fri till sunday
4. 9InchNinja - Friday to Sunday
5. Mcavity - Friday (6pm-ish) to Sunday
6. WolfCrafter Friday to Saturday

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Right! Count me in then boys! I haven't got a clue what I am doing, I haven't even had a practice run setting up my hammock and tarp yet but might get a chance before next weekend.

To attend Please Paste and copy this post and add your name, also include the nights you will stay.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

1. Big Stu - Fri & Sat.
2. Colin - Fri & Sat
3. Jimbo75 fri till sunday
4. 9InchNinja - Friday to Sunday
5. Mcavity - Friday (6pm-ish) to Sunday
6. WolfCrafter Friday to Saturday
7. Humdrum_Hostage Fri & Sat.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Now give me a bit of a clue what sort of things I will need....

I got tarp, hammock, sleeping bag.....

Do you guys use mozzy nets?
does it matter if I don't have an under blanket?
how much water do I bring?

They may be questions that you all think are "no brainers" and I am sure I can think of many more before next weekend but I really dont have any experience.

And whats the "newbie" initiation? Obviously the misfortune will have to be shared with Mcavity ;)

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Hi humdrum. As long as you have something to sleep in, on and under you're pretty much sorted. Somewhere to sit, something to cook on. Mozzy net not important, under blanket not required yet and water about 600 meters away from main site. If you follow Stu's directions correctly anyway....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats great Humdrum, see you at the meet, I take it your aiming for the meet at the compasses on Friday,

As Ben said above as long as you have something to shelter under, sleep in, and something to cook in, a folding chair is handy as well, I dont normally find a need for a mozzy net, you just need the basics, really any other equipment food you may take for a weekend camp, oh don't forget your personal hygiene kit... and include some hand gel in it

I may do a sharps use and Care as I am more then likely bring a few of them to play with this meet.....

Saying that I am going loaded this meet I got a few new toys to play with.... I need to get my set up right for the Moot :), and I got a Tilly lamp i've just refurbed i want to try out...

OH yeah and beware the Barrel.....

Last edited:

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Hi guys,

Looking good for me making it this weekend, but I won't put my name down until I'm 100%. If anyne is still interested in my Bell tent I can bring it with me, as we can drop stuff off at the woods at the moment. if not I think that it's time for ebay mow the summer is here.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi guys,

Looking good for me making it this weekend, but I won't put my name down until I'm 100%. If anyne is still interested in my Bell tent I can bring it with me, as we can drop stuff off at the woods at the moment. if not I think that it's time for ebay mow the summer is here.

John, try putting it in the "Members Classified" here. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Thats great Humdrum, see you at the meet, I take it your aiming for the meet at the compasses on Friday,

OH yeah and beware the Barrel.....

Yep, what time are we meeting? And what is the barrel???

John, try putting it in the "Members Classified" here. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Not a full member, so I can't do that I think.

Yes you can, you are a member, you can't post here though. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Im not sure if John can. I couldn't before I became a full member.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I thought you could only sell on the Clasifeds as a Full Member...

As a "member" you could only trade things... perhaps its changed, just ask a Mod.

Looking forward to this weekend :)..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE