Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Carl the adaptor I have found on ebay is £20 +£6p&p from Japan. But he seems to be the only suppler on there and the only one I could find online.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I didn't realise just how many stoves I had until I started to list them all, but it has taken me 20 years to accumulate them all :eek:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I didn't realise just how many stoves I had until I started to list them all, but it has taken me 20 years to accumulate them all :eek:

LOL. I wish I still had a lot of my Old Kit, lent most of it out, did not get it back, or sold it since I was married and had kids, but hey still time to collect kit and use it...

I am aiming to get even more nights out this year.. must admit I have slowed down this winter to perhaps only two or three nights at the group meets,..

Looking forward to this weekend what with being out on Saturday and Sunday at Oakwood.. :),

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I cant make it on Saturday as we have a party to go to, but Sunday is a go.

My stoves have built up over time, I just may thin them out but as they don't take up much space I tend to forget about them and they are dotted about the place.

I wish I could get another deal on the esbit stoves though, I bought a case of 12 off a car boot stall about 15 years go for £5, sold them all off apart from 2 that I still have, made in West Germany with original German army issue esbit blocks, which are very good, much better than our hexi as they don't stink as bad

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am off helping at the MAint day, did not have anything to do so told Mel I'll help... any excuse to play hey..

Sunday 10 to 10:30 is ok with me :)... I ve not shoot since last time, apart from a few arrows at teh Jan meet, and thay were not that good I could not hold my bow right due to my finger...

Really looking forward to seeing your Ghost as well. :)

BushDaddy

Jan 5, 2014
Felixstowe
No question from me this time, just sooooo chuffed with my find I had to share it, the missus doesnt find it interesting, lol. I was looking into a leather tinder pouch but refused to pay nearly £20 for it. So then I looked into making one but found that even buying plain leather wasnt cheap so I kinda gave up. Then, I was talking to my trainee at work today when he revealed his brother works for a classic car upholstry company.

See where this is going?

I have now ordered a leather needle and thread and my trainee is acquiring me 1m x 1m of the softest car interior leather in a chocolate brown color, free of charge :-D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Carl the adaptor I have found on ebay is £20 +£6p&p from Japan. But he seems to be the only suppler on there and the only one I could find online.
Hi, I've just found one, it's for filling type-N from type-T £20 + £6 post well worth it, mine is a little different as it has a adaptor that allows me to run my gas item directly from the cheep type T cylinders. But that is a very good price indeed.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I cant find the February page
found it, searching for suffolk didnt bring it up for some reason

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hve you a picture of your adapter Carl
No sorry I haven't I will take one over the weekend, mine it very similar to the one on e-bay but mine has an adjustable stop to restrict the amount the c100 or 250 can be screwed on, the filling adaptor. It also came with male to male adaptor but I don't use it, only as a thread protector.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
No question from me this time, just sooooo chuffed with my find I had to share it, the missus doesnt find it interesting, lol. I was looking into a leather tinder pouch but refused to pay nearly £20 for it. So then I looked into making one but found that even buying plain leather wasnt cheap so I kinda gave up. Then, I was talking to my trainee at work today when he revealed his brother works for a classic car upholstry company.

See where this is going?

I have now ordered a leather needle and thread and my trainee is acquiring me 1m x 1m of the softest car interior leather in a chocolate brown color, free of charge :-D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk

Round these parts that must be DLF Classic Cars or Goldsmiths!

Finally finished my 2000 word essay. Feel sick from lack of sleep. Seriously F**K that I'm doing my work early next time. Still not pleased with the final thing. Not enough Mbembe.
SO THAT MEANS I'm going out to the woods this weekend. Hopefully I can find a secluded spot to chill out for an hour or two. Maybe I could try my wood gas stove, but I just worry any smoke I make might attract people seeing as it's a reserve, and I don't want to get in S**t with the "man".
What do you guys think?

(In case you guys were interested, I was expecting to do an environment based course, and turns out this year I've been studying applied political philosophy. Well...****! Needed more time to bite into THAT one.)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I would always be carefull where you light anything taht smokes... you never knwo what will ahpen... you may find a dozzen burley fire fighters with hoses pointing at you :).

Always bear in mind what time of day and where you are before causing smoke or a very nice smeeling tail if you cooking food :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
What course are you doing, I started another degree in September (Law), half of the first year is Law, the other half science and so far my a levels in biology, chemistry and physics have been more demanding, wish I could say the same for the Law bit though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE