Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i will be bringing my standard winter kit, better to be to hot than not. and my new stove. putting in my holiday request monday so i can have the friday off to. would love to have gone out this weekend, but ive got boy flu. later carl

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi m8

yep I will join you for both meals if that is ok .

Stu can you give me the grid ref for OS ( or should I say the northing's and easterly) and the OS map number please m8.

Reards
Rum

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Same be good to see you again , have you had chance to do any more swinging yet?

I will be out again soon, I had a go with the hammock between two stauntions in our new building and it was ok, so definitely gonna be tree dwelling next time I'm out. I ordered an arctic bag too as the 4 seasons was a bit small for me, hopefully get it soon also my jetboil flash has still not arrived from outdoor gb......

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi m8

yep I will join you for both meals if that is ok .

Stu can you give me the grid ref for OS ( or should I say the northing's and easterly) and the OS map number please m8.

Reards
Rum

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I will be out again soon, I had a go with the hammock between two stauntions in our new building and it was ok, so definitely gonna be tree dwelling next time I'm out. I ordered an arctic bag too as the 4 seasons was a bit small for me, hopefully get it soon also my jetboil flash has still not arrived from outdoor gb......

Some months back I ordered a rucksack from OutdoorGB. They said it was in stock, would take up to 5 days to deliver... turns out (2 weeks later) it wasn't in stock, that it had to come from the US and was going to take a further 3 weeks to get to the UK, then another 5 days to get to me.
So... be prepared to wait a while!

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Some months back I ordered a rucksack from OutdoorGB. They said it was in stock, would take up to 5 days to deliver... turns out (2 weeks later) it wasn't in stock, that it had to come from the US and was going to take a further 3 weeks to get to the UK, then another 5 days to get to me.
So... be prepared to wait a while!

Yes this is not the first time it's happened to me either, I've bought loads off them cos they have good stuff, but delivery is shocking usually. But I must say communication is good, at least they let you know progress of orders, the thing which annoys me is the website says an item is in stock so you order it, then you get an email saying its not. Think I waited about two months for my Gerber protein.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi all

Stu I will happily organise the tutorial on fire

If I can ask everyone who wants to take part to bring their tinder pouches with them that would be good, it will also be an opportunity for us to share knowledge in the group.
If anyone can get hold of some hours shoe fungus please PM me? I will pay for it; it is sow I can show how to prep it to be used as tinder.

Any questions please get back to me.

Regards
Rum

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Yes this is not the first time it's happened to me either, I've bought loads off them cos they have good stuff, but delivery is shocking usually. But I must say communication is good, at least they let you know progress of orders, the thing which annoys me is the website says an item is in stock so you order it, then you get an email saying its not. Think I waited about two months for my Gerber protein.

Yeah, they do communicate fairly well, though it took them a while to let me know about the further delay after I'd waited 5 days already.... but I guess they process a lot of orders.
They need to be more honest about stock on their website, though!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi all

Stu I will happily organise the tutorial on fire

If I can ask everyone who wants to take part to bring their tinder pouches with them that would be good, it will also be an opportunity for us to share knowledge in the group.
If anyone can get hold of some hours shoe fungus please PM me? I will pay for it; it is sow I can show how to prep it to be used as tinder.

Any questions please get back to me.

Regards
Rum

Thank you for that offer Tony, much appreciated,

I've just got back from the Man Cave... been in front of the forge all day....

Made
20 off Tripod/extensions...... most of them sold... :)
1 Coleman Lamp stand.. Prototype
1 Trivet for the base of the Dutch Oven...Prototype..
Also been working on a new type of Griddle...that can be used with a Tripod...

The Ali tube for the blow Tubes did not turn up...:(.... oh well next week...

Back home smelling and looking like a Blacksmiths Jock Strap...

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, anyone go out over the weekend ? if so any photos. i went to the carboot and picked up a bag but that was it. holiday form sent in today, so with a bit of luck see you next friday.

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
yqeqy3u5.jpg

ehe8yded.jpg
a8aqyted.jpg

Went down to dodington for the weekend. Parked close to the tent lol and spent most of it in the pub so not very bushy but had a nice time.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Didn't get to go out on the weekend at all, though I did take a few hours away from the filing cabinet to take my family out in a boat on the lake... and it gave me an idea!
The lake in question has a bunch of islands in it, some smaller than others of course, but I noticed at least 5 islands perfect for 5 or 6 people to set up on. Anyone interested in an island overnighter? I reckon two 4-man boats, 3 people and Bergens per boat (I'll supply the boats, easy enough).

So, any takers?

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
I'm just trawling the internet for a farm in Essex where me and the misses can go and stay on the weekend. Don't need any facilities but needs to be very cheap. Now the weather's better want to try and get as much in as possible.

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
I wanted to get off the normal sites and try and stay on farms or land where it would just be me staying there. Not official camp sites off that makes sense.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I wanted to get off the normal sites and try and stay on farms or land where it would just be me staying there. Not official camp sites off that makes sense.

Now thats a bit harder..... try some very basic camp sites and chat with them, tell them your needs, this will take a bit of foot work..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE