Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Is that the thin long wood north of shadow Bush? I panicked for a second thought we was out completely.

hy3ute8a.jpg

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Tomorrow I'm going kayaking. Doing three miles down the River Alde from Aldeburgh to Orford.

Room for one more if anyone wants to come along (especially if you have never been kayaking before)

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Tomorrow I'm going kayaking. Doing three miles down the River Alde from Aldeburgh to Orford.

Room for one more if anyone wants to come along (especially if you have never been kayaking before)

Sadly I have boring plans I can't get out off. Sounds fun enjoy yourself. Thanks for putting it out there.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, thats a shame, the new site looks about 50m x 200m bummer, thought it was to good to be true. but im sure the land owner is just playing it safe till he gets to know us. hope its not to windy. what make of boat sj. later carl

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
what make of boat sj. later carl

It's an inflatable kayak (a very, very good one) made by Sevylor. It can carry up to three people, or two if you're carrying a rucksack (I'm taking my Maxpedition Vulture-II on this trip with some basic supplies, plenty of cordage and 3-litre water bladder).

Should be a fun trip (whether I end up going solo or if someone wants to come along for a laugh)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi, thats a shame, the new site looks about 50m x 200m bummer, thought it was to good to be true. but im sure the land owner is just playing it safe till he gets to know us.

Yeah it is a wee bit smaller, yeah I think that is the main reason for the move, I drew from the long conversation that he was a bit worried what could happen , so best part of valour and all that I opted for a smaller place and lets, build on the relationship, he is very interested in getting to know us as well, so I think we may well see him a couple of times over the weekend..I told him the invite to visit is always open, he was pleased about that...on wards and up wards :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Been into Town today to get rid of my broken Boots and got a good deal on some more.... so just t had to have another pair of Summer Strides... :)...

Best thing I got was this... yummmmmmmmm
2013-04-27 12.39.41.jpg

Wonder if I can leave it for next weekend......!!!!!!.... OK.....I did have to have a try...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi, thats a shame, the new site looks about 50m x 200m bummer, thought it was to good to be true. but im sure the land owner is just playing it safe till he gets to know us.l

Yeah that's the way I feel, but I can understand it, but hey should still be a good weekend, and better then Orchards...., and gives a place to build on :)

And the walk in is only about 1k.....for those that want it.

Last edited:

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Yeah that's the way I feel, but I can understand it, but hey should still be a good weekend, and better then Orchards...., and gives a place to build on :)

We can build on it? Nice one i'm up for a go at a log cabin :)

Just got myself (well ordered) a Karrimor sabre 60-100 rucksack and a DD 3x3 m coyote brown tarp. i love pay day.

Simon, hope you have fun on your river trip sounds great fun, sorry i can't make it as have a birthday party to attend but maybe some other time. Only been kayaking once about thirty five years ago so i would class myself a beginner lol. Take care and see you all next weekend.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We can build on it? Nice one i'm up for a go at a log cabin :)

Just got myself (well ordered) a Karrimor sabre 60-100 rucksack and a DD 3x3 m coyote brown tarp. i love pay day.

Simon, hope you have fun on your river trip sounds great fun, sorry i can't make it as have a birthday party to attend but maybe some other time. Only been kayaking once about thirty five years ago so i would class myself a beginner lol. Take care and see you all next weekend.

Wish I could build a log cabin, but hey just to build a working relationship with a land owner would be good... until I get me own woodland....

Another Sabre....I still want the Sabre 130... lovely sacks, and a DD tarp...:D:cool:... you'll be swinging soon.......:)

I been thinking about digging out my Kayaking gear, got 3 of them back at the house were the kids are, selling them and getting an Open, been a while since I paddled, let alone instructed, even examined a paddler...in Kayak or Open... thinking about it getting an Open gives me a good excuse to carve a very large spatula:lmao:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Well.. that was awesome!

I took a detour and found a small island with a couple of swans nursing some huge eggs (have to admit I thought about swan omelette for a few minutes there).
photo.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE