Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
56b53e06-51f7-0870.jpg

56b53e06-520b-180f.jpg

56b53e06-5226-4fd4.jpg

56b53e06-5237-1947.jpg

56b53e06-5248-e5ea.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just been given permission to camp and practise bushcraft by side a river.
Couple other people would be able to join me. Allowed small fires, could fish in river too, got some photos which I'll upload at some point soon.

Not the biggest place but at least it's a start and free. Can go any time too.

That's Great news Ben, put me down for a visit with you. I would suggest that we keep the 24th date at Orchards, and go for an other date here... :).

what's the access like?, or is it a walk in.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi All

Ben that is fantastic news re the camping, I am up for the 24th.
I was thinking about buying some Wayfaire food packs, you get shipping free with orders over £50.00 anyone interested?

Regards
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi All

Ben that is fantastic news re the camping, I am up for the 24th.
I was thinking about buying some Wayfaire food packs, you get shipping free with orders over £50.00 anyone interested?

Regards
Rum

Used to use them years ago along with raven meals..... hope they are better now...I'll stick with my sausage for the mo, things are better with a sausage in them ,lol.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats good news , it looks like a bit of a clean up is required as well, when you thinking about going Ben?

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Yeah lil clear up probably be needed in order to set up, don't want to be to close to river. I might be down the yard this weekend with my brother, doing more chopping of trees, I'll see If I can leave a small pile for us to use, so we'll have some ready to hand. Won't be camping there to the following week at the earliest as I'm working this Saturday. I'll get more pictures as well.
Fishing isn't permitted from the other side of river and my brother got a long stretch so will be the only ones who can fish. Shame the whole 8 acres isn't woodland, otherwise we'd be sorted.

I'm still trying to talk to a few farmers down near capel st mary, see if we can get permission there as one farmer got bout 6 bits of big woodland down there.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah lil clear up probably be needed in order to set up, don't want to be to close to river. I might be down the yard this weekend with my brother, doing more chopping of trees, I'll see If I can leave a small pile for us to use, so we'll have some ready to hand. Won't be camping there to the following week at the earliest as I'm working this Saturday. I'll get more pictures as well.
Fishing isn't permitted from the other side of river and my brother got a long stretch so will be the only ones who can fish. Shame the whole 8 acres isn't woodland, otherwise we'd be sorted.

I'm still trying to talk to a few farmers down near capel st mary, see if we can get permission there as one farmer got bout 6 bits of big woodland down there.

If it sleepable with out a clear we could have a sat night there, and do some work on it that afternoon/morning.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Ben and Stu

Let me know when you are up for camping and I will come along.

About the wayfaier food I don't think they are to bad, but that is just my opinion.

each unit is £3.99 you have choice of about 18 meals and 3 afters
I like the all day breakfast
The also do a hot food kit for £5.49 ( re in an emergence do fire cant cook still have hot food.

As I said I am going to order some but any order over £50.00 gets ship free so that is about 12.5 units worth, any takers?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi boys

Is the 24 still? do we know who is going and will it be over 2 days ?

Regards
Rum

I am going def on the Sat night, but its my little one's b'day on the Friday so I don't think If i can make it then,

I just thought I would give people a second night if they wanted it.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys, sorry to hijack your thread a bit, I have been looking at the Orchards website for a little while, Im thinking about taking the family car camping there!!
What is the site actually like?
Are the facilities nice and clean?
Atb
Steve

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Best person to ask is Stu, PM him?

Down yard this weekend to clean up bit, then following Saturday Im doing a stealth camp, if any one up for it?

Don't know if any fancies doing a bushcraft walk this Saturday? Was planning to pop to the forest to walk the dog but thought might be good if anyone wanted to meet and check out site for following Saturday? Plan where to set up etc incase anyone did wanna do a stealth?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mcydpv

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Oh yeah, forgot to mention stu, it is possible to set up without a clear up but think its a bit boggy atm due to the excessive rain last few days. Hopefully dry soon. Can either have a stealth camp in woods following Saturday If a few wanna go but if it's me you and rum we could test by the river.

If weather not good next week then I suggest Forrest.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi guys, sorry to hijack your thread a bit, I have been looking at the Orchards website for a little while, Im thinking about taking the family car camping there!!
What is the site actually like?
Are the facilities nice and clean?
Atb
Steve

Its Ok, Quite a cosy site, with some deep water ponds and a river quite a slope to the camp site down to the rive small arera of trees, the loo we had to use was in an out house to the main house as theother were shut, quite wet under foot apart from inbetween the trees, apart from that not much could be said we were the only ones there, shop was not open and the owner was not there for most of the time we were.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Oh yeah, forgot to mention stu, it is possible to set up without a clear up but think its a bit boggy atm due to the excessive rain last few days. Hopefully dry soon. Can either have a stealth camp in woods following Saturday If a few wanna go but if it's me you and rum we could test by the river.

If weather not good next week then I suggest Forrest.

Well next Sunday is my birthday so a night out would be great... yeah a camp somewere would be good or a night by the river. we could go back to were Tony, Nick and I went if wanted as well as that was not a bad clearing, easy to get to.

This Sat and Sunday I am busy with the kids.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE