Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
dam you bet me Toby.. wonderful thing this internet you can find out assort of rubbish then post it...lol :)

LOL Yep we were looking at it for coating race engine parts today.......... Thought it was a spoof, but it actually exists apparently. People spray moto x bikes and 4x4's with it so enough for boots cant be that expensive.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
LOL Yep we were looking at it for coating race engine parts today.......... Thought it was a spoof, but it actually exists apparently. People spray moto x bikes and 4x4's with it so enough for boots cant be that expensive.

Yeah but only 3 months and we do abuse them :)

Orderd my shafts, fletchings and piles this afternoon :) hopefully all the bits will be here by the weekend.

I am going to Periss tomorrow night as they are open till 8:30 on a Tuesday.. get some more for the shoot next weekend...

Lovely ole job, Now ive got to try and make a helve.

A helve i no problem, just a bit of work and a few hrs :), easier with an axe tho for the rough carving :).. sorry just had to say that

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I was going to give them a look, but I doubt that they would have been able to beat the price I have paid and they are an hour away.

Went for a walk to clear my head of exam revision today.
I try and get out as much as possible. Test my (almost non-existent apparently) skills. Testing my new gear (bottle/mug, bahco saw, mora knives)

Cup of tea and a boil in the bag for dinner. Also a rat pack tropical drink for the vitamins (been deficient of good food the last few days, since revision and all, I've just eaten beans on homemade bread toast)
Silly selfie in there too. I know none of you know who I am or what I look like. Silly is the answer.
Anyway, Pictures.
WP_20140127_011.jpg

WP_20140127_012.jpg

WP_20140127_016.jpg

Sorry for the large post, clogging your conversation, just trying to get to know people a little.

These woods, were a pile of crap. It was the worst kept wood I've ever seen. Period. It was basically just a mountain biking area with ramps and stuff in. The place was like a landfill site, Rubbish, tins, cans, old gas bottles and bags.(see the 1664 can I opened out to make a windbreak for the hexiburner) And there was also a safe someone had nicked and taken up there to crack it open.
I won't be returning. At least I got some exercise, I got to stalk a squirrel right up close for 15 mins or so, and found myself a decent fork to make a slingshot with. (now ordering some theraband from ebay) Well impressed with the Mora knife though. I'm abusing it a lot, putting it through its paces, and it hasn't dulled a bit. Bargain.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Steve, Chris, at the last meet Carl handed me these arrows Thank you very much Carl :)..I am hoping to re-fletch them and use them :)

Been trying to find out what they are :)
DSC_0229.jpgDSC_0230.jpgDSC_0234.jpg

I take it from the number it is 23/64" Diameter dam near 11/32" with a 12 thousands wall thickness.. they are 31" long as well.

The other Letters Are "CAE X-Caliber" Think they are ali, but they don't have the cold feel of metal, I have found out Easton used to make arrow for CAE..

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sorry for the large post, clogging your conversation, just trying to get to know people a little.

No problem, always good to see people getting out and about, and great to share experiences, its a shame when you see what some do to the wild :), kit has to start of somewhere, and not always good to start off with the top of the range, and become an "all the gear no idea"..... Think a know some of these....

The Mora is a very good knife, loads of us use them..

Thanks for sharing :)

Wolves Wood I reckon.

nice brew, how many hexi tabs did you use?

I used two because it was getting late. I took a folded up square of tinfoil with me and used it as a lid

Which wood was it?

wild wood/woodingdean in Brighton (I'm at university)

I hope you left the wood in a better condition than you found it.

Dude, Impossible. I couldn't have made a scratch on the rubbish there. I'll go back and document it if you like. The only bins in the area (entrance) had been torn apart by seagulls and left in a 30m radius.
I'm registering a complaint with the council
Green party my ****!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE