Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice! Ask for the Green room! We seated 12 in there for a family meal! It's out of the way in the alcove area to the right of the building!

Thats what I was thinking :) i had a little peek the other month around there :).

I just thought it would be nice to get out of the cold for a night , lol, and also saves cooking for a night, lol

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Good question Cromm, the bow is 30lb, my arrows are those cheap crimped point jobbies from the bottom of the nock to where the shaft enters the point is 30'', I have not yet measured my actual draw length though.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Ok, I will try and make it over on sunday and bring some arrows with me for you to try out, that way we may be able to work out what is needed. I am off work today so I will look at the collection of arrows and get some out.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Many thanks, it would be good to know what spec would be most suitable for me. Come Christmas I should have a fletching jig and taper tool to make my own.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Ok, I will try and make it over on sunday and bring some arrows with me for you to try out, that way we may be able to work out what is needed. I am off work today so I will look at the collection of arrows and get some out.

Be good to see you Bud .. :)

I have now got Piles on all my arrows... :), so ready for Sundays, shoot :)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If you had an arrow that shot very well without a head on it, you may find that the heads you have are to heavy. What weight are they stu?

They are 125 grain bud... so I a told..lol.. the other ones with out the pile on when every where.. got a feeling that that one was/is teh rouge one..lol.. we will see this weekend.. :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I thought it did a nice step through for tuning a bow :)

Yeah thats a def.. :) 10:30..

looking at that site, I think I'll get three Tophat adaptors and piles, then get some broadheads then start tuning... :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I know I should not be but I am, I have been looking for the next bow for when I replace my current one :), thinking along the lines of a 60'' recurve hunting type bow, don't know which one yet.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah I know the feeling about a new bow.. I def will be sticking with a Flatbow.. keep thinking about a folder.... but it the cost that worries me, but that will have to wait till the divoice is sorted... my get another one early next year, but a heavier weight..

Yeah I'll be looking to go hunting some time next year hopefully once its all sorted and I have joined BBHA, then done the IBEP so another £160 there...

http://www.britishbowhunterassociation.co.uk/page13.php

http://www.britishbowhunterassociation.co.uk/page8.php

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi guys,

I have the guys from Tensile coming to my permission on Wednesday the 4th or Thursday 5th December (whichever has better weather) to demonstrate their Stingray Air tree tent... and I'm inviting anyone along who wants to come and check it out!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
An other great day spent out in the wood in Rendelsham, with Chris and Steve, just ploding about playing with bows and arrows, doing some field archery, Saw some nice new arrows that Chris had purchased from China, with self nocks, nice arrows and not expensive may try some myself...

Steve let me have a go with a Great Northen Lil Creep folding Bow... I do like these....

http://www.gnbco.com/great_northern_lil_creep_longbow.php

nice little bow handled well, is strange how a #48lb at 28" needs a 65lb to 70lb spline arrow.. but it shoot fast and very quite... :)....

We started to just shoot the arrows we had at the practice butts, then moved onto shooting other targets around the woods.. then started to have a bit of a competition, shooting one arrow from different positions.. just as you would at the pegs.

I lost 1 arrow at the practice butts and could not find it so gave up, as we got to the target that I lost an arrow three weeks a go I lost another... arrgghhhh.. so now three arrows down.. then we returned to do that target again... hey found my long lost one three weeks ago... then guess what.. went back to the practice area and do a few more of the targets over there.. Chris lost one and during that hunt found mine as well.. so all in all still got 11 arrows :)..

Great day guys, thank you for the company, Had to shoot at end I had to meet someone at 6... guess what they text me about 10 mins ago... and said they an't coming.. argghh I hate that

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE