Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th May 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
I'll be thinking of you all, hanging and ground dwelling, eating Thai green chilli this weekend. I'll be eating Chinese on Friday, Indian on Saturday, and sleeping in a big comfy bed....... Wish I was there.:)

Colin, Some of us used our skills and built you a big comfy bed !!!!

colin bed.jpg

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Pictures I took of weekend.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 28
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 28
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 28

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Just like to say thanks to everyone for a grate weekend, and thanks to mark for a great group meal. I've found some biofuel £5 for 2 litres going to give it a try. Atb carl

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi All,

There’s a matter that needs to be brought to our attention and all need to be made aware of.

Housekeeping

On Sunday, before John and I left Stu on his own, there was a big black bag full of rubbish and rubbish around the fire area left behind.

We all know Stu has a hearty appetite but the rubbish left behind was not all his and for him to be left the responsibility of clean up and disposal is unfair.

May I suggest the following for future meets;

1. Carry in, Carry out – what we bring in we take away, clear up pitch and general areas and thus removing the responsibility of rubbish removal from Stu or the last person to leave.

or
  2. We purchase a Dustbin Incinerator to burn off rubbish (especially plastics) away from the main fire area which can be done even when others are cooking etc.

I am sure point 1 will have no objections and/or if 2 meets with approval we buy or an alternative be found.

Your consideration to this matter is appreciated.

ATB

Kevin

P.S.

In addition, I did mean to add Stu says in the meet guide/instructions.....

Housekeeping
There is NO Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

We do have a rule of no rubbish to be burnt on the fire during time people are cooking or using the fire area for food drink preparation, Please respect this.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I vote for carry in carry out, it isn't nice being around the fire when people chuck a load of rubbish on the fire and smoke people out as happened a couple of times last weekend

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Steve judging by our performance on the targets last weekend it was a perfect demonstration on how to miss and break arrows, not kill:eek:, I came back 3 arrows down, I think Stu had a similar situation

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi All,

There’s a matter that needs to be brought to our attention and all need to be made aware of.

Housekeeping

On Sunday, before John and I left Stu on his own, there was a big black bag full of rubbish and rubbish around the fire area left behind.

We all know Stu has a hearty appetite but the rubbish left behind was not all his and for him to be left the responsibility of clean up and disposal is unfair.

May I suggest the following for future meets;

1. Carry in, Carry out – what we bring in we take away, clear up pitch and general areas and thus removing the responsibility of rubbish removal from Stu or the last person to leave.

or
  2. We purchase a Dustbin Incinerator to burn off rubbish (especially plastics) away from the main fire area which can be done even when others are cooking etc.

I am sure point 1 will have no objections and/or if 2 meets with approval we buy or an alternative be found.

Your consideration to this matter is appreciated.

ATB

Kevin

I vote for carry in carry out, it isn't nice being around the fire when people chuck a load of rubbish on the fire and smoke people out as happened a couple of times last weekend

Carry in, carry out for me too.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you for bringing that up Kevin... I was going to leave it a few days before a Rant ....

As Kevin Says, and has pointed out already there is already a Carry in Carry out policy with rubbish... this is not hard to understand..... but seems hard to follow.. some seem to think it is.. and it ok to leave this.......

DSC_0261.jpgDSC_0262.jpgDSC_0260.jpg

I know that I burnt a can... mine was in my Disco.. as John saw just before the pics were taken.

Also I would like to bring up the point that so far I have taken home the Dutch Ovens and Billys used for the group meal to Clean.. I found that when it came to washing up the Group Meal Items There was not a great deal of interest shown in doing it, only after mentioning it a few times did someone come forward and say that they would take them home to do.. so far my DO's, pans and utensils have been used.. and up until this meet I always took them home to clean..

I also found that some of my utensils were borrowed then just left..... for me to find.......

House Keeping has to improve............I did notice that the Craft of keeping the Camp tidy seems to be going to pot as well, can we please improve on this as well, for example wood/branches dragged for the wood pile laying around, personal kit covering a large area in the commuinial area..

I have tried to keep the meet from being strangled by Rules and Regulations, and want to keep it that way,

On a personal point from this point, I am afraid to say that I will no longer lend out utensils from my roll as this is not the first time I have to search for them after they have been borrowed.....

The Fact that Carry in and Carry out is being voted on is not the point for me its the fact that people have to take on board is ......... why leave your rubbish for others to clean up......

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Please don't try to cover this up with "I vote for Carry in/Carry out" or "don't Burn Rubbish"

that's not the Root Cause of the Issue...

Its that People need to be Responseable for their Rubbish and How they leave the Site..... or any site......

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I don't think the rubbish burns that well on the fire. So apart from maybe tea bags and tissues maybe it would be better to carry in carry out.

I do however have a metal bin that I was going to get rid of. The group is welcome to it. But then again, it can still be a bit of hassle to burn it at the end of the weekend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE