Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
This was a nice meeting with the main focus to get the wood pile ready for the winter, so te hunt for wood on teh first night was not a must in the dark,

I arrived on the Friday to meet the guys in the Compasses, we made our way to the woods, and set up I picked a new spot that I have not pitched in before... set up the tarp, and got the bed set up.

The Friday evening was an eventful one with a visit from the Land owner saying his Deer Stalker had shot a Fallow Deer and was we interested in it... hell yeah... the Stalker turned up later to say the dear was a mess inside and he would clean it an butcher it for us, and bring it in the Morning..

On the Friday night we sat and had a little meeting about a few things, including the Fee increased to allow for the funding of Group items, ect. and a few other things were discussed and agreed.

On the Saturday the whole group set to to gather wood for the pile, and to start to try some tarp formations for the December meet,

I run an informal Sharps session for the new guys to bushcraft, covering sharping, use and care of knives axes ect.

Then it was onto the cooking of some of the venison that the Stalker had left us.. so we put together a quick tin barrel oven from the Oil Drum that we used for the former of the Clay oven...

DSC_0169.jpgDSC_0170.jpgDSC_0171.jpgDSC_0173.jpgDSC_0174.jpgDSC_0175.jpgDSC_0177.jpgDSC_0178.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Some great pics showing that we can work as a team:) and get a hell of a lot done

I agree Chris, we got a great group developing, hopefully we can build even more on it, and really make this a greater group with greater team work... :)

Keep it up guys:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE