Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Really sorry lads. I'm not going to be able to make it to this one. It's SWMBO's birthday on the 2nd. I very nearly forgot. I'll definitely see you for the December gig.
Again sorry to let you down.
Colin.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Meet at the pub :)..

Not sure... Going to see what he has may get a couple of handwarmers....
some more Larger diameter paracord....

Dont know yet.... The goodie box needs filling, lol

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Big Stu - 6pm - Friday
2.Crosslandkelly - 1200 Friday.
3. SJStuart - Between 12 and 2 on Friday
4. Chris 12.00
5. mitch66 friday try for 12 ish
6. amjake - pm Friday
7. SeanI - pm Friday1. Big Stu - 6pm - Friday
8.Bryan 12 ish friday
9.jjessup at the pub for 12

Have a shiny(ish) folding bowsaw to try out too!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Big Stu - 6pm - Friday
2.Crosslandkelly - 1200 Friday.
4. Chris 12.00
6. amjake - pm Friday
7. SeanI - pm Friday1. Big Stu - 6pm - Friday
8.Bryan 12 ish friday
9.jjessup at the pub for 12

Have a shiny(ish) folding bowsaw to try out too!

:)... Added to list.. See you there :)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
At the moment I'm 90% sure that I will be able to make it next weekend, wont be back from Glasgow until late Thurs night and will have to go to Royston Friday morning, but as nothing should come up between now and next weekend, fingers crossed I will be there.

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - midday- Friday
2. Crosslandkelly - 1200 Friday.
4. Chris 12.00
6. amjake - pm Friday
7. SeanI - pm Friday
8.Bryan 12 ish friday
9. Jjessup
10. Mike Smith- Fri early pm

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Looking out of the window this morning. I have a feeling that we won't have too much trouble finding fallen wood this weekend. Somewhere to hang a tarp maybe more of a challenge. :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Looking out of the window this morning. I have a feeling that we won't have too much trouble finding fallen wood this weekend. Somewhere to hang a tarp maybe more of a challenge. :)

LOL.. I hope theres a few trees left...and one has not fell on the Clay oven...

But it looks like a good meet again, great set of guys gathering, and only Two days to go :).. cant wait... I am almost packed... jsut got to decide on bedding and get some food :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I will be packing tonight, will be bringing my chainsaw and splitting maul.

Ok mate, I'll be bringing all my axes/sharps as such, I got one that is ready for Heleving as well... maybe do that as well?.. at least that will be one out the pile of heads done.. I got a ready made Helve for it...

along with Mikes new toy and its clothes :).

How is the group Saw going ?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The group saw does go I will bring it as well space in the car permitting, I will be leaving Saturday afternoon to go to the fireworks in Ipswich then off to my Grans to take down a tree so will have mine with me. If I can get to it I have a 7lb felling axe I can bring along, also got 3or4 large heads (5-6lbs) that need cleaning up and hanging or moving on.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The group saw does go I will bring it as well space in the car permitting, I will be leaving Saturday afternoon to go to the fireworks in Ipswich then off to my Grans to take down a tree so will have mine with me. If I can get to it I have a 7lb felling axe I can bring along, also got 3or4 large heads (5-6lbs) that need cleaning up and hanging or moving on.

OK bud...

once I got over my glut of small Axe heads... I 'll be looking for a BIG one like a 7lb.... I have a few ranging from the little Tommahawk up to 4lb....

I must admit my fave is still my 1 1/2lb £4 one from toolsation.. then my 2 1/2 lb Kent Pattern Ewell...

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I just want to mention this so it doesn't come as a shock to anyone... and of course I don't know how hard the group meet site was hit by the storm... but anyway:

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of downed trees out there, and large detached limbs hanging from the higher branches of trees!
Exercise great caution when entering the woodland (not to mention en-route to the site). Scout the trees above and around your intended pitch site carefully before even setting down your pack.

Again, no idea what we'll find when we get there, but I feel it has to be said!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE