Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I ordered a roll of Velcro (sew-on, both the hook and loop tapes) in Khaki, but they sent me OD Green instead.

Anyone want any 16mm OD Green Velcro (hook and/or loop)? Let me know before morning so I can bring some with me, otherwise I'll flog it on eBay or something.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a large blue one in the boot if it's of any use. Looking at the weekend weather we may need them.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have a large blue one in the boot if it's of any use. Looking at the weekend weather we may need them.

Yeah.. May be worth it, lol... Last winter we had two sides to the shelter... I am thinking making 3 maybe for the xmas meal... Gives us more protection...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well.... 90% packed now just got to pack the last few things tomorow, then put in the Disco.... Forgetting the visits to go shopping... For new things and toys.. Just want to get in the woods... :)..

See you guys tomorow :)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Just got back from Glasgow, and good for the weekend,
Now starting to pack, just got to go to Royston in the morning, then over to the woods,
Looking forward to this weekend.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yep I can only second that.. Not able to get on Pc at mo, so will do a little right up soon..

New News and details on Main Suffolk Thread, Also the details agreed at the impromptue meet we had on Friday night..

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have boned out the shoulder and neck, this is bagged and in the freezer in 2.5lb lots, the back I have boned, but not frozen yet but are just over 2lb per piece. These would be better off diced like the rest, they are too lean to spit roast and as they are long solid pieces cant be rolled. If nobody has any ideas of what to do to them I will dice them and freeze tomorrow.

How was the shoulder last night? I know how good the bit I had was:)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I have boned out the shoulder and neck, this is bagged and in the freezer in 2.5lb lots, the back I have boned, but not frozen yet but are just over 2lb per piece. These would be better off diced like the rest, they are too lean to spit roast and as they are long solid pieces cant be rolled. If nobody has any ideas of what to do to them I will dice them and freeze tomorrow.

How was the shoulder last night? I know how good the bit I had was:)

Impatience got the better of us, and we ended up rushing the cook by slicing it up and putting it in the frying pan. This meant that the outside was charred quite a bit on most pieces, but otherwise it was absolutely lovely!

If it isn't suitable to spit or roll... dicing's the only other option I can think of too!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
BTW... For those that did not hear... The land ownwer turned up and asked if would like a deer that his Stalker had just shoot... We ended up with two sholders, a back, and the neck.... So Januarys group meal will be venison stew......

The cost of the venison was split by the attenders at the meet.... So if theres any attenders that did not put any £`s in the meat we still got the other biits for the stew... Vegies/dumplings/cider to cook it in.. So you will not miss out :)

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi All,

Thanks for a great weekend, enjoyed to the full and again a great deal learnt.

Can't wait for the xmas weekender, chrimbo dinner with a difference and then a 'long drop'!

ATB

K

P.S. Wife suggests continued attendance, the sawdust spoon didn't impress and neither did the lack of floating shelves!

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Great weekend gents,
continued when I got home, my wife got me a pheasant for my dinner, although she refused to try it, the dogs and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely have it again.
Once again, fantastic weekend lets hope I can make the next.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you for that Colin.... it was a great weekend :).

Thank you for the Tarp youleft on my seat Simon :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE