Suffolk Bushcraft Group Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December - Christmas Meal.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We got to try to put some sort of price together as well, ie a price per head.. :)

I am also hoping it will be a group event to arrange it and get things together :)

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
How many are going?

Yeah that might do. If we can form a door at the handle end, and then suspend it over the fire for a couple of hours. Or we could do something like this,

At the moment not many, lol... I would hope the guys would have started to put there name down, once we got names we can start to work out a cost...

I would suggest then we collect the meal cost as well. only fair that the guys forking out for the food don't get stung for it... if we have no shows...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am also thinking about putting a closing date on this one so we can finalize figures for the meet/meal

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
List of Attending
1. Big Stu - 6pm - Friday
2. Crosslandkelly - 1200 Friday.
3. SJStuart - Between 12 and 2 on Friday
4. Chris 12.00
5. Seani 12.00ish Friday

Visiting

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
I have a large folding table that can seat a reasonable number will get down at the weekend and confirm size.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I think that it is best to collect the money upfront, and have a cutoff date of 2 weeks before the event

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I think that it is best to collect the money upfront, and have a cutoff date of 2 weeks before the event

Yeah I would agree to that, it makes it easier to know who's coming, and also money wise.. I know normally we keep the meet open and even OK to turn up on the day, but this one is a bit different...we need to know attendance so we can set the price, catering, and seating..... before the event.

yep think its sensible..

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Following sleeping on it and a few PM's I have decided to put a closing date of Friday 15th Nov for names to be on the list, and that the meet will only be open to the attendees of the Christams meal.

This is so that final numbers and cost can be finalised and out standing amounts collected the week before the meet, we will try to get a rough amount so that some moneys can be collected at the November meet.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
More than fair considering we need to know numbers to cook for, last thing we need is for 10 to say they will come and only 3 turn up

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Stuff I can bring:

Food:
1) Turkey (freshly butchered rather than frozen). I was awaiting word from Stu on whether the landowner wanted to provide a turkey.
2) Pheasant (again, freshly butchered)... anyone ever had a two-bird roast before? Yum!
3) Venison (of various kinds: steaks, sausages etc)
4) All manner of veggies in bulk (carrots, parsnips, sprouts, broccoli, coli, turnip, swede, onions, potato, cabbage etc)
5) Various kinds of bacon and sausage (including gluten-free for those with allergies)
6) Cranberry sauce
7) Goose fat
8) Custard (lots and lots of custard)
9) Large Xmas Puds
10) Pots of cream

Basically I can provide any and all foods if necessary... just let me know what you need

Tables/Chairs:
1) 3 of the folding fisherman's chairs (so those who don't have one, I can provide)
2) At least two very long wooden decorating tables

Cooking-related Stuff:
1) I can bring the Frontier Stove for the sake of people pan cooking items... given that the main fire will be occupied by a large metal bin with a turkey in it, and the clay oven will be full of dutch ovens. I can also keep 3 litres of piping hot water on tap for brews throughout the weekend.
2) I can bring pots, pans, plates, cutlery... we just need to figure out how much of those things we need so I know how many to bring (my Mrs is a kitchenware hoarder)

Luxuries
1) I can bring a portable "jumpstarter" kit which contains a small-but effective inverter to run some strings of LED xmas lights. Not strictly necessary but nice and festive
2) I can arrange delivery of an actual Christmas tree (which can be burned at the January meet, so more than one use). If the consensus is that we would like a group xmas tree, it'd be nice if attendees all contribute to its decoration (I've got lights covered)

Okay, so that's everything I can think of... let me know what's needed so I can prepare :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you for the offer to bring sooo much Simon, I think it would be nice for all attendees at this one to bring/do somthing for the meet, and fairly share it around, and I would like to give everyone a chance. As it unravels I will ask for more to make things up :), hope you dont mind this approch.

Can I put you down for Carrots, Parsnips, Brussles and the frontier Stove.

I will ask the Farmer once we know what sort of size of Turkey we will need, so can as many people as posible put their name down ASAP, to allow the numbers to be seen.. :) then we can sort a nice Bird we want... :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
For those Providing Food/Drink/Sundries... can you get a price together for 10 people :) ( as thats an average meet size) and let me know... we can then put togther a rough price so we can start to work on it :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Thank you for the offer to bring sooo much Simon, I think it would be nice for all attendees at this one to bring/do somthing for the meet, and fairly share it around, and I would like to give everyone a chance. As it unravels I will ask for more to make things up :), hope you dont mind this approch.

Can I put you down for Carrots, Parsnips, Brussles and the frontier Stove.

I will ask the Farmer once we know what sort of size of Turkey we will need, so can as many people as posible put their name down ASAP, to allow the numbers to be seen.. :) then we can sort a nice Bird we want... :)

The list was more for the sake of spitballing what we need... I wouldn't want to have to single-handedly bring everything on the list... that's a lot to carry for one thing ;)

No worries on veggies and frontier stove :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The list was more for the sake of spitballing what we need... I wouldn't want to have to single-handedly bring everything on the list... that's a lot to carry for one thing ;)

No worries on veggies and frontier stove :)

Yeah it a lot on the Suzzi.. lol :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE